RC poster

Rustler VXL Help

I'm a complete noob in the RC world. My wife bought me a Rustler VXL for Christmas, and I've been enjoying it ever since. Today I had a crash, and the car completely stopped responding. No movement from the wheels, servo, no lights on the esc. What have I done? I verified that the batter was connected tightly, and still get nothing. I would have checked with Traxxas support, but they aren't open on Sundays. Thank you all in advance.

RC Champion
    I'd double check the battery terminals, all wires, make sure one of the wires did not get ripped, cut, unsoldered, etc. on both the battery and esc.
    Are you sure your battery is fully charged? Also you may wanna check that a wire didnt somehow come unplugged on the receiver during the crash, I know the RX is pretty securly mounted in the RX box, but....depending on how bad of a crash it was.

Do you have a different battery to try?
    Last edited by dave00bear; 12-30-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC poster
    I did open up the receiver and check it out. The wires were all seated properly. I don't have another battery at this point. I've ordered a new battery and a thunder ac6 charger, but they won't arrive until Thursday. For now, its the stock battery and the 8 hour charger.

RC Champion
    Just strange that you have no power at all? You sure all the wires are intact and no damage? I have had some bad wrecks, skate park bashing and took some hard hits, but never that killed all the power.

If all the wires/connections check out, I would then verify you are indeed getting power from the stock battery with a volt meter or such?
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC poster
    I thought it was very odd too, for everything to completely die. I'm going to recharge the battery and see what happens. When the voltage drops to a certain point, does the car shut off, or will it just begin to run more slowly? I can't find my ohm meter to check the battery, so I'm kind of stuck on that end. There are no lights on the esc, or in the receiver. Thanks for your suggestions so far.

RC poster
    Maybe you cracked the circuit board inside of the ESC or RX?

RC Champion
    That's really strange. The car should just run really slowly if the battery is dead... Or do what's called "cogging" which is basically shaking because the Voltage drops too low when the ESC draws on it, then bounces back, then drops when the ESC draws on it again... Repeatedly.

Sent from my iPad mini
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Racer
    Depending on where you are located, maybe someone here is close and could try another battery and esc? If you are close to me I would be more than happy to help you out.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC poster
    I found that one of the connectors inside the receiver was infact loose. Thanks for all the help.

RC Racer
    Glad to hear you are back up and running.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC poster
    I'm still having an issue. Randomly, the truck just dies. If I jiggle the wires from the esc to the male TRX connector, it will come back on. I took the esc off, but there is no way to access the wires to make sure they are connected properly, as far as I can tell. I've narrowed all of my issues to this problem. It's either the wire from the esc to the connector, or perhaps I guess it could be the connector on the battery end. Has anyone had issues with these connectors? I've read they are supposed to be top notch.