RC Qualifier

Too bad to be a good combo? Sky rc Toro motor and esc

Hi all, I have been a long time reader, but a new member YAY I have a 3906 emaxx, and i am upgrading to a BL system. I know i do not want the castle, tekin, or any other high end combo solely because of the price. I am willing to pay up to 150-200 for the esc and motor that I get.

I would love all of your comments on suggestions. I have found this combo
    http://www.rcecho.com/SKYRC-TORO-1-8...ombo-ME765.htm

And would like to know your thoughts. First of all, is toro even a good brand? Both the motor and esc look oddly similar to the ******* ********* products. I believe those are quite well built, so why wouldn't these? I am looking into this combo because it is 2320kv which should give good speed on 4s, but it is also a 6 pole motor which should add some torque. Am I correct in my thinking there? I am going to run 4s lipo with a 72t spur and an undecided pinion.

And for the record, i have already upgraded to 3.3 driveline, 4 screw diffs, and am waiting for my steel idlers and Robinson Racing slipper kit to come in. does anybody know what size drill bit to use for the input shaft roll pins? Im hoping to get the motor and esc soon.

If youve read all of this, i thank you for your comments and thoughts, i know you are all a great community here and i look forward to helping others once i have the knowledge
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Qualifier
    the only two thing to really let go on my 3906 were a center shaft and the trans idler past that no problems ,now on to the ecs i would do all the reserch you can to find out if its rebranded . dont like the copied stuff never turns out well but that motor for some reason sounds like a boat motor ,i used 6 pole and the 12pole have nutty power

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the help dash.
    What makes you think it is a boat motor? I hope this is just rebadged... Right now I am SERIOUSLY considering getting a 4074 2150kv tacon, and a xerun 150a esc. Like if I dont find out about this combo by later today, I am getting the tacon + xerun.
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Have you looked into the hobbywing 150a combo they have with xerun hw motor? Works great I have the 120a combo and runs very cool check out my thread in the brushless forum posted vids and pics of it running on 4s as that's max I can do with Mine and its plenty geared 21/65 thought of going 21/58 but no need for the added speed it would get as I don't run too much speed passes more playing around or off road.
    Another thing order express shipping very fast compared to reg. Shipping from them for mine to here in 3-4 days from when I ordered.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    You run the 120a in your Emaxx? Seems too small? I will check out your thread for sure!
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...mbo-ME222.html
    this is what i have been running and some here use it as well even in a e revo brushless as well.
    http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...ard-ME237.html
    this is the one i was talking about just a little bigger esc and able to run 6s lipos.

The 120a is not too small maybe in size but it runs cool 111 is the highest temp i ever got on mine and motor 126 with the current gearing of 21/65.
    there was a few threads stating the amp draw of the MMM being 120a only now i hear its 150a. I also like the 120a being waterproof compared to the old MMP+MMM now waterproof on the MMM2 but wait and see the bugs in it first from everyone using it.

RC Qualifier
    I see, what kind of customer support is there with the xerun/ezrun stuff?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Well it is located in China so support is limited. Some have bad luck and some get good luck I have never dealt with them though. Anything besides tekin, castle, traxxas mmm is going to have OK support but those companies have great support.

RC Qualifier
    the 3906 trucks are not heavy a 120 would be fine in there , i have a 3906 with a velineon in it on 3s geared 18/66 no heat issues fans on the motor and ecs , on vid we clocked the truck at 48 mph. the two speed trans really helps. i bash in first gear, play in grass,climbimg and wheelies ,now if i need alittle more wheel speed mud snow jumping or speed runs i just click over and i got it this is a great truck but with the trans being kind of weak compared to the 3905,03,and 08 trucks a big brushless system is not recommended until you do some mods .