RC Racer

Cool "Traxxas SRT" 4- Time World Champion!

"Traxxas SRT" 4- Time World Champion!!! I recently purchased a SRT from eBay I've been hunting for the right one for almost 3 years and i finally got a jewel in my opinion, i believe its an optional #2540 Graphite Chassis Kit but not 100% sure! I'm running a brushed setup Team Trinity D6 10T Motor w/ Duratrax 8T Racing ESC & 2s Lipos. I also purchased a mint condition #2020 radio to match the era the SRT is from
    A special thanks to "CarBedNotch" from eBay & "Tig Hand" from Youtube!!! dont forget to scroll down for some pics and vid of the 1st test run, all comments are welcomed enjoy!!!

First Test Vid "Hells Gate Park" Astoria Ny
    http://youtu.be/usjFbiku1VI

The #2020 Radio i found in mint condition
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-25-2014 at 08:50 AM. Reason: merge
    Burn it...

Nice truck! I've always had a thing for the SRT. Maybe that's why I've owned so many of them over the past several years. The SRT was definitely ahead of it's time and is still capable of running with today's competition. Do you plan on racing the truck?

I can tell you 100% for sure that you don't have the optional graphite chassis kit there. Actually, the ebay listing says G10 right in the title. G10 is a fiberglass composite, very similar to the stock white fiberglass chassis. What you have there is a home made G10 reproduction chassis set. I made quite a few of those myself. I also just sold a real graphite chassis and shock tower set about a year ago. It was only the second one I have ever seen, so they are super-rare.

Also, when and where did the SRT win 4 World Championships? First time I've ever heard that claim.

RC Racer
    oh ok yes it did say G10, i would love to make one out of all carbon fiber that would be sweet! dam i wish i would of seen your listing ive would of loved to own an original graphite chassis... i was told by someone and sworn ive read somewhere that the trx1 has 1 championship under its belt and the srt has 3 or 4 championships... i could be wrong ive tried looking up the info but cant seem to find anything on any of the champions of the earlier 90's... im really happy with her she runs really good , stays planted to the ground around those turns im gona take her out to a local track Station 2 Raceway to see what she can do..
    Burn it...

Good find, it's a great looking truck!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    thank you bro i appreciate it!!! i went to a craft store and found yellow letters and numbers bc i dont think i would of ever found SRT decals lol... and i ordered Traxxas Sponsor Decal Sheet & the Traxxas Decal Sheet Team Traxxas so i can finish the body...
    Burn it...

The SRT is my favorite Rc of all time. It's moderns but also retro. Now all you need is to hunt down a TRX3/TCP to go with the SRT lol.
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    The SRT is my favorite Rc of all time. It's moderns but also retro. Now all you need is to hunt down a TRX3/TCP to go with the SRT lol.
    its one of my favorite r/c's as well now that i have one... a trx3 would be nice but im not that much into buggies thx for viewing my post...
    Burn it...

You can use the RPM gear cover for the Traxxas Rustler on the SRT. All you need is a little spacer when mounting on the top of the motor plate.