Thread: broken esc tabs

RC Competitor

broken esc tabs

cant figure out what to do tried to super glue them back on but they wont hold at all. the surface is not flat where it broke so it doesnt seem to want to hold. im really starting to get ticked off this thing breaks more than i drive it.

This post has been edited to removed filtered language. Please keep it clean and suitable for all members

Dadx2mj
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 12-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.

RC Champion
    You can reattach the esc using double sided tape.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    You can reattach the esc using double sided tape.
    like just use double sided tape to attach the esc to the base ?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisiq93 View Post
    like just use double sided tape to attach the esc to the base ?
    Yeah just stick some on the bottom on the esc and put the other side on a flat section of the chassis like where the esc used to mount. I use this kind of tape and its worked fine in my anza slash for a year so far: http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    Yeah just stick some on the bottom on the esc and put the other side on a flat section of the chassis like where the esc used to mount. I use this kind of tape and its worked fine in my anza slash for a year so far: http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html
    ok i got it. it seems to be holding pretty strong right now. hope it stays !

wow that lasted a solid 5 minutes. im done with this thing for a while
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-29-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Competitor
    the double sided tape works but then as soon as you hit a bump or it gets a bit of water it will fall off... anyone else have any suggestions on what to do ? im at the point of buying a new esc.

RC Competitor
    the double sided tape works but then as soon as you hit a bump or it gets a bit of water it will fall off... anyone else have any suggestions on what to do ? im at the point of buying a new esc.
    i used gorilla glue.. Lightly sanded/scuffed side of ESC added glue, replaced tab, let it set up, then added more glue in the void where the tabs dont contact the ESC.. Been 2 weeks of good bashing since and no issues with it.
    I also added longer screws from the ESC into the bottom frame. Good luck.

RC Competitor
    okay thanks ill try and give it a light sand.. just a question howecome you added more glue to where the tab doesnt touch the esc ?

RC Competitor
    okay thanks ill try and give it a light sand.. just a question howecome you added more glue to where the tab doesnt touch the esc ?
    so it is stronger and doesn't break again.

RC Competitor
    ok but i thought that the tabs dont touch the esc in the middle ?

RC poster
    You need an rpm esc mounting plate. They make one with the same hole pattern as your vxl3s so it will mount right up. I have one under my Novak gtb. Use the good 3m double sided tape and put a zip tie around the esc and the plate. Bullet proof!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelspinn View Post
    You need an rpm esc mounting plate. They make one with the same hole pattern as your vxl3s so it will mount right up. I have one under my Novak gtb. Use the good 3m double sided tape and put a zip tie around the esc and the plate. Bullet proof!
    yea i actually saw those plates on ebay i was wondering about them. if i had the plate to mount the tape on it would be more sturdy..

RC Competitor
    I just ziptied mine down. Havent had a problem since.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ace184 View Post
    I just ziptied mine down. Havent had a problem since.
    i actually tried that last night. ran it thru the hole and then under neath up beside the servo its worked awesome so far

RC Competitor
    I just put it through the mounting holes for the esc, just had to drill them out a lil bit and it wraps in nicely

Dont mind the mess. This was after a long session on some red dirt. It slid out of place with the abuse, but usually stays put. But I still have never had a problem, and the mounts broke like the first day i got it, almost a year ago.
    Last edited by ace184; 01-05-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Competitor
    I just put it through the mounting holes for the esc, just had to drill them out a lil bit and it wraps in nicely

Dont mind the mess. This was after a long session on some red dirt. It slid out of place with the abuse, but usually stays put. But I still have never had a problem, and the mounts broke like the first day i got it, almost a year ago.
    oh i see you drilled thru the bottom. if mine quits holding i will try that thanks alot !

RC Competitor
    Yeah. And it makes it a lot easier to clean that area, just snip the old tie, clean, and replace.
    Pede 4x4 vxl
    Slash 2x4 vxl

RC Competitor
    Yeah. And it makes it a lot easier to clean that area, just snip the old tie, clean, and replace.
    yea alright beauty. thanks !