Thread: A Few Questions

RC poster

A Few Questions

Hey guy I'm to the forums and I have A few questions...

First..I live in southern Wisconsin and we have quite a bit of snow on the ground...I just want to make sure is this safe for the motor and all the components?...I dont got much money so I cant afford to have anything die on me.

and secondly..Say I do get some extra money...what Should I go about upgrading or buying for this first...Im mostly in for speed but I like tearin around in the mud too.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

RC Qualifier
    what traxxas do you have? and if its stuck it should be good. but make sure the receiver is covered and do you have Traxxas brand on your motor and esc?
    what's up guys

RC poster
    I have A traxxas Rustler with The stock XL-5 ESC and the Titan 12 turn....I put in the included 28 tooth Pinion If that matters any

RC Qualifier
    Well with it being a 12t I would have to say save up for a brushless system even the vxl system would be more reliable than the 12t. After that just replace what breaks with rpm or in the case of steering blocks and axle carriers may go aluminum. Could buy an extra 12t to have untill you get a brushless set up just in case.

RC Qualifier
    ok it should be waterproof. so HAVE FUN IN THE SNOW!!
    what's up guys

RC Champion
    The 12 trn motors hv a lot of issues if not broken end right and oil after every other run an clean out every so often an drop the pinon gear down the motor will run cooler . Running in snow will cause a lot off rust wiping an blowing things off is a must .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    If you have a Rustler your first upgrade should be a better bumper. A company called RPM makes tougher plastic replacement parts and upgrades for RCs. Their front bumper for the Slash is probably the best front end protection you can get for a Rustler, Stampede or Slash. The stock bumper is well a joke really.

If you have an air compressor, blow your truck dry after each time out in the wet. I don't run wet or snow much myself.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC poster
    Thank you ALL for all the responses not to mention in a timely manner... Could I use WD-40 on the motor or is that bad for it is it safe to use it on anything on the truck? and YES I couldnt stop drooling at all the RPM Parts...till I saw the prices...so for now I made a bootlegged bumper outta an engine head cover off a Kohler Command 14, its not the best but its a bit better than the stock...And yeah I got a air compressor so Ill make sure to do that.

RC Champion
    WD-40 is great to spray on all hardware after running in wet conditions. As for using it as lubricating oil, it's not very good. Pick up a bottle of 3 in 1 oil at the hardware store. Give the motor a couple drops every few times you run it.

Sent from my iPad mini
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC poster
    Ok Can do thanks for all the help everyone