RC poster

My Nitro to VXL conversion

Hey guys

Just wanted to post my Rustler conversion that i did/am in process of doing. It started as a concept and worked out so well i didn't want to stop driving it, still much more to do but i can update as i go.

I started out with a beat nitro rustler that i picked up off CL, it was my first RC in years so i knew little about it. At the time i knew i wanted a Velineon system but i couldnt pass up the deal and figured i would give nitro a try. Well much to my original thinking after a few weeks of having the nitro i still wanted a Velineon system. I'm not knocking nitro systems they are nice but i just got tired of the tinkering and tuning and lack of low end power. My 3 year old doesnt have the patience for me to tinker around and tune he just wants to watch it go!

All that said i decided to pick up a velineon system off of ebay which also came with the water proof steering servo! From there i started building, i really liked the idea of keeping all of the weight between the wheels so that is why i didnt just sell the nitro complete and buy a VXL, plus i love giving things my touch. Regardless below is what i ended up with, yes its dirty and in preliminary stages so be nice. Not sure how you guys keep your trucks so clean, makes me wonder if you drive them!!

i have a battery cage on order, along with a box for the RX, thinking about getting some RPM A-arms all the way around and when i find some more money i want to get some big bore shocks, as my true purpose for the truck is bashing/hill climbing. The spur gear is missing because that was a casualty of the last bashing. Still getting used to the power of the velineon system on 3S lipo's! Needless to say i am overly pleased with how the build has turned out so far and cant wait to find some more money to put into it!

Junior

RC poster
    looks great so far man