RC Enthusiast

Receiver Harness Question

I have the Traxxas receiver harness (tra3034) on my rustler and it barely reaches my mini receiver (tra2218x) incased in a receiver box installed in the front. Anyone know of a longer harness or any tips so I can wire the harness through the rustler instead of straight down the middle of the truck?

Thank you!!!

RC Qualifier
    I had to extend mine when I got my hump pack. I took the old harness and cut enough wire out to splice in and extend the harness. I soldered, taped and then heat shrinked the connection. If you do not have a soldering iron, you can get the heat shrink but connectors, and then tape, or heat shrink over them.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you forthe tip and reply. I bought some wire. I cut and connected it with tape. Seems to work fine but not sure how it will hold up when I start bashing it. Motto mention what an eye sore it is, probably could of done a better tape job. There are no longer harnesses or extensions out there???

RC Enthusiast
    I bought a servo extender at my LHS was 4$ it looks like it will work just fine. I have some electrical tape I will use to make sure it doesn't disconnect while driving. Looks much better than my splice job.