Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Just ordered My E-Revo

Hey guys Just ordered My very 1st E-Revo Brushless very excited cant wait for it to get here

Ive seen a few videos of stock durabilty tests and in my eyes all that needs replacing is A-arms to RPM what do you guys recon?

How do they stock tyres hold up on 4s?

RC Racer
    I almost purchased one this week, I went with something else but I am interested in how you like it. Do you have to wait long to get it?
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you stick with 4s and have the slipper properly adjusted you will be good with good driving habits. Rpm arms are a great upgrade and depending on how hard you bash maybe shim your diffs
    Tires hold up good but some prolines with give you better handling

RC Enthusiast
    Djbrun ill have to wait a week or so I recon ill let you know what I think of it. Thanks 50togo your very helpful I really appreciate it mate

RC Qualifier
    Congrats on the purchase! Don't upgrade until you know what you will break. I am still on stock arms 1+ years later. Shimming the diffs is a must, and just run the stock tires until they burst. When they do I would get badlands on desperados which are a very common setup. Bypass the on/off switch (solder the wires together) or just don't use it. I hope you love your car as much as I love mine, but sometimes I want to set it on fire again. Gl2u
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I have a maxx and love it so ill definently love this what shims do I need 10x8x.02??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Most likely 8mm associated 21141 for the ring gear and 10mm for the other side but I never needed those and then 6mm for the pinion kyosho 96046
    On one diff all I needed was to shim the pinion
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-29-2012 at 01:09 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks ill grab some

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys just a update my E Revo will be here this coming week so excited just hope I don't neglect my E maxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Man94 View Post
    Hey guys just a update my E Revo will be here this coming week so excited just hope I don't neglect my E maxx
    Two different critters. Emax is more of a bashing monster truck and the E Revo is a cross breed between monster and short course.

RC Racer
    You won't be dissatisfied with your erevo. I would stick with 4s, its more than enough power!

If it doesn't come with it stock, I would recommend the aluminum slipper pads. Could of bee theory my ignorance but I was burning up my stock slipper pads with my erevo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers guys

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    If you stick with 4s and have the slipper properly adjusted you will be good with good driving habits. Rpm arms are a great upgrade and depending on how hard you bash maybe shim your diffs
    Tires hold up good but some prolines with give you better handling
    Ok you have to explain, PLEASE, what do you guys mean by shim your diffs, depending on how hard you bash? Is this a most have upgrade for bashers like me? I've bougth my E-Revo exactly a month ago, upgraded a couple stuff and had no problem so far.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    On most trucks once the ring and pinions break in there is clearance between the ring and pinion. We put a shim to bring the ring gear closer to the pinion.
    I would shim it even running only on 4s. I bash pretty hard and every other ride I blew out the diff on mine. Shimming doesn't solve the issue only helps it
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.

I took my truck apart replacing the bulkheads and the diffs felt pretty tight, how can you tell for sure they need to shimmed?

Great purchase you will not regret it, I am also still on the stock arms, if you don't hit anything the truck should be fairly trouble free. I have the aluminum slipper pads and would recommend against them they are durable but they don't seem to allow much adjustment in slip its seems to be either all or nothing in terms of lock. I would look into the RRP setup or using the nitro brake pad that some have used on here that would be the better option if you want more performance out of your slipper.

If you are running offroad I would highly recommend pro-line mashers they are awesome tires and taped they should really perform well on road also. The only problem I have with them is they are fairly heavy especially with the tape inside, I don't know how that would affect axle life since I have MIP x splines that seem to have issues themselves staying together.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    When there is play or slop between the pinion and ring gear, it is in need of a shim. pull off the center shaft and wiggle the pinion gear shaft front to back of the truck. If it moves then you need to shim. That is the best description I can give while sleep deprived, hope you get the idea.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With the pinion. You can feel it but the ring gear only by adding shims until it binds then remove a shim until fairly smooth

RC Champion
    You can feel it to an extent but you dont want to take all of the slop out or the pinion gear or it will bind. I tried several methods and what works for me is to start with the ring gear shiming until it binds then back off .01 on the shims then do the same with the pinion gear. Taking all the play out of the pinion will make it bind big time.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm getting more excited by the minute

RC Enthusiast
    50togo you mentioned getting some prolines what type do you recommend?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have trenchers on my e maxx which are pretty big and I really like my badlands on my revo easier on the drivetrain too!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey 50togo what do you think of some Proline Badlands 3.8 All Terrain Tire Mounted On Desperado Black wheels??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Proline-B...ht_2584wt_1037

RC Qualifier
    Hey 50togo what do you think of some Proline Badlands 3.8 All Terrain Tire Mounted On Desperado Black wheels??

That is a very popular combo, but you need to purchase them seperately. Tape them and glue them yourself and they will last forever, it is what I run.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok why's that? Do they blow easy?

RC Qualifier
    They can, it's just cheap insurance, and the stock gluing isn't wonderful.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thabks I'll grab wheels and tyres seperatly and glue and tape myself

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Always better to buy them separate premounted will definitely balloon too much!make sure you get offset rims too
    I was out bashing!

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers for that 87 Gn will be very helpful by the way nice thread and truck

RC Enthusiast
    Guess what arrived today soooooooo keen!!!!!

http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sweet! We will see how long it stays stock!

Are you going to use the Telem.....?? Congrats...

RC Racer
    I just got a E revo brushless today for 20% Off

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thats a good deal!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys 50togo already have Rpm Arms that will be my only upgrade unless things break . Yes 87 GN i will need to buy all Telementry accesories and install them.

What are they like to install?

Any threads here on the installation?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's what I said!
    I was going to do the telemetry but ended up putting money everywhere else on my car!

Now Includes Two 11.1-Volt Power Cell LiPo Battery Packs and LiPo Balance Chargers!
    Also Available with Power Cell 8.4-Volt NiMH Battery Packs

Humm that is new ^ didn't know that. Oooo all the carnage, to newboobies... trucks....

Telem......
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...stallation.pdf

RC Enthusiast
    Hey guys just a quick question How does the slipper clutch break in work? I think you wait for it to wine then let it cool then tighten it up is that right?

From the manual mate:

Slipper Clutch Break-In
    The E-Revo Brushless Editionís slipper clutch requires a break-in procedure to ensure consistent operation with the extremely high power output of the included Castle Creations Mamba Monster brushless motor system. The slipper clutch has been adjusted to the correct initial setting for break-in. Follow these steps to ensure maximum performance and life from your slipper clutch:
    1. Make your first runs with the model using the stock gearing and 6- or 7-cell NiMH packs, or 2S LiPo packs.
    2. Drive normally. The slipper clutch should slip momentarily when accelerating aggressively on high-traction surfaces (you will hear a whirring sound when the slipper clutch allows the spur gear to
    slip).
    3. If excessive slippage is noticed (slipping that lasts for more than 3 seconds under hard acceleration), or the slipper clutch
    slips anytime the throttle is applied at any lever, stop driving immediately. Let the slipper clutch cool for 10-15 minutes.
    When the clutch is cool, test-drive the vehicle again. If you still experience excessive slippage, allow the slipper to cool once
    more, then tighten the slipper nut ľ turn (turn the nut clockwise) and repeat the break-in process. Do not adjust the slipper clutch before it has cooled.
    4. Continue to run the vehicle and monitor slipper clutch performance as noted above, and readjust if necessary. When the
    run is complete, the slipper should be fully broken in. After break-in, the slipper clutch is ready for any type of driving,
    with any batteries up to 6S Lipo. Set the slipper clutch so it only slips for a moment (if at all) under hard acceleration in high traction conditions. If excessive slippage is noticed, stop driving immediately. Continuing to drive with a loose slipper will cause
    damage to the slipper unit. You must let the slipper cool down to ambient temperature before tightening the slipper nut and
    resuming driving.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    Cheers for that Craig