RC poster

Question Dewalt Motor upgrade motor spacer

Has anyone tried using this http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...r=MH550W;c=454 instead of creating your own. i am looking at doing the upgrade to the dewalt motor on my summit and know that most of you are using a spacer between your motor and mount. i dont have the available tools to be able to make the spacer and dont want to rig my own spacer with washers or other ways to space the motor. i came across this in my search so was curious if this may work or if anyone has a better idea that doesnt look rigged

RC Qualifier
    Might work depending on the diameter of the center hole and spacing of the other two. No specs on those so taking a chance it will work if bought. Just as easy to make your own but if you feel better trying that out go for it, just hope the holes are close enough that if enlarging is necessary will not hurt the strength. I use a lot of Hot Racing products and have never had any issues with them. Let us know if it works and any alterations that had to be done if you go that route. Good Luck
    Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Qualifier
    I really like products from hot racing. The only potential problem I see is the mounting hole spacing is a touch different from the Titan to the dewalt but it should be an easy enough fix.

Buuuuut there might be enough clearance in the holes that it won't be an issue. Might wanna be the first to try it and post up your results.

craigmitch made a spacer similar to that using some craftsmanship and a washer.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I didnt need a spacer for mine. I just used a traxxas pinion on backwards and it worked fine. Might want to just try that first.... Then if you NEED a spacer, get one.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I didnt need a spacer for mine. I just used a traxxas pinion on backwards and it worked fine. Might want to just try that first.... Then if you NEED a spacer, get one.
    i would rather not have to turn my pinion around i want to be able to put any pinion on and not have to worry about it being to long for the dewalt shaft if its turned if i space it should be able to put any pinion on i want from what i understand

thanks for the responses i think ill have to buy one and see how it works out.
    Last edited by jk66mustang; 12-29-2012 at 11:09 PM.

RC Champion
    Not trying to be cheap ( just frugal) $ 10 is quite a bit for a washer. Try your neighborhood Home Depot or Lowes hardware first. They may sell a washer similiar for $1.25 and no $5 shipping charge . Then just drill the holes to specifically fit the DeWalt ( thebholes are about 1-2mm further out than the stock titan motor). But either way please repost with the results.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE