RC Racer

What am I missing?

I have lost high gear on my Summit and cannot figure it out. I have rebuilt this trans twice in the past and just tore it down and rebuilt it again. I could not find any issue. The teeth all look good but no high gear. I thought I had it working perfect and put it back in and it seemed ok then I turn on so I could shift it. Linkage is fine and it rolls fine in low but when I shift it to high. The spur doesnt rotate but the truck moves.

What did I miss? I have been all over the exploded diagram and I can't find it...

Thanks for your advice

Did you by chance put one of your 33t output gear in backwards they have slots to accept the dogs in the drive gear

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Is the servo working that switches from high to low gear.

RC Racer
    Servo is working fine. I don't think I put the 33t in backwards because it work for a good while fine then it seemed like something was grinding...didn't sound right so I pulled it all apart and rebuilt it. I paid close attention to that area but may have very well done that. Still I don't think so but I will take apart again and check that. It almost seems like a pin may have broken somewhere and the only pin I see is on the slipper. There are places for pins on the shafts in there but I can't see any other pins on the exploded views. Do you know of any other spot on those shafts a pin needs to go?

Thanks,

RC Racer
    Figured it out. The servo that shifts the trans from high to low needed to have the horn moved about one tooth. It was pulling the gear only to the center so it was just spinning freely. Taking the horn off and adjusting it one tooth seems to have fixed it right up. I wonder how it got off or if the shift linkage just got worn out? I do have a spare linkage.

RC Racer
    Thought I fixed it...it's still having a hard time. I guess I should try switching to the new linkage. Anyone else have this problem?

RC Champion
    Did u grease the gears? Maby they are just dry and binding so it will not shift all the way. When I pulled mine apart their was no lube or grease at all in it worked much better after I lubed it up

RC poster
    I've found the opposite personally. I did the tranny slop fix and I put grease on the selector shaft and afterwards it wouldn't shift gears. Had to take it apart again and clean the shaft. If servo checks out okay, Id check out the shaft

RC Qualifier
    There is a detent ball on that shift rod. If the grub screw holding the detent ball in is to tight it won't move freely. Pull the linkage off and move the rod back and forward. It should move smooth. If thats fine then check your servo. If thats fine then its in the middle. Check the servo save. The spring looking thing, and check to see if you need to adjust the length.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

RC Qualifier
    Usually, if you think you have a problem with your tranny, your gear changer or diff locker switch/arm is engaged only halfway. ALWAYS check that first.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

RC Qualifier
    is the servo working all right? my mini servo gave up the ghost on my first day and caused me issues with the shifting H/L