RC Racer

Using Traxxas Wheelie Bar On Dirt Track??

Hello everyone. Well I got the VXL system set up on my Rustler and I'm very impressed with the performance. But now I'm wondering if I'm able to take my rustler on a dirt track with the Traxxas wheelie bar attached? I'm thinking it should be ok as long as I move the wheelie bar to its highest point(upwards). What do you guys think?

Yea I think it would be okay at the highest point, but it still might get in the way. Who knows, try it and let us know.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Well so far so good. Bashed my rustler pretty good on curves and street and the traxxas wheelie bar seems pretty durable. But it does snap off sometimes out of adjustment, but can easily just adjust it back where you had it positioned. Sometimes the mount legs of the wheelie bar(where is slides right in the back underneath the car) will come loose but doesn't happen very often so far since i've been using it. Just happened once on a nasty bash where my rustler hit a pot hole, flipped like twice and slided down upside down. Other than that, pretty satisfied with the traxxas wheelie bar. BTW, Used thread lock on the screws of the wheels since I felt that they can easily come off. Overall, Pretty good product.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by robby22 View Post
    Well so far so good. Bashed my rustler pretty good on curves and street and the traxxas wheelie bar seems pretty durable. But it does snap off sometimes out of adjustment, but can easily just adjust it back where you had it positioned. Sometimes the mount legs of the wheelie bar(where is slides right in the back underneath the car) will come loose but doesn't happen very often so far since i've been using it. Just happened once on a nasty bash where my rustler hit a pot hole, flipped like twice and slided down upside down. Other than that, pretty satisfied with the traxxas wheelie bar. BTW, Used thread lock on the screws of the wheels since I felt that they can easily come off. Overall, Pretty good product.
    Try using a heavy duty plastic zip tie to keep the two frames together. Simple yet brilliant!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gdumond View Post
    Try using a heavy duty plastic zip tie to keep the two frames together. Simple yet brilliant!
    Also try switching to the RPM rear bumper, it will eliminate the "slides under the car" mounting style that the TRX rear bumper uses.

RC Racer
    Oh ok. Good to know. The zip tie is a good idea and I'll keep the RPM rear bumper in mind. Thanks.