RC poster

First RC car! Intro and hello.

Hi,

I was given a Traxxas Slash for Christmas. This is my first nice RC car, not counting the dinky little toys I had as a kid that could do stuff like flip themselves over, and such. Just wanted to say hello here.

Did this earlier while playing around in the parking lot of my fire department. Luckily there is a hobby shop that is a Traxxas dealer maybe 100 yards down the road. Replaced the part, and it's running fine now.

That's the second slash i have seen in a week,break a rear axle carrier,right out of the box,in the exact same spot.
    wonder if they had a bad batch go out or something?
    I have slammed mine it trees steel poles,you name it,and never broke one yet.
    And that was at about 35 or more mph.
    I have however turned a few shocks into fish hooks.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    I'm not sure how it broke. Didn't do anything special with it. Just taking it over a ramp that was maybe 1 foot tall. Missed the ramp partially two times and sent the vehicle tumbling, but that was it. Used a piece of ply wood we had behind the station, and a case of bottled water under it. :P

That was a bad part,I've flown mine 20 foot,and its not a cat.
    I'd call traxxas,bet they will send you a bunch of parts,those are tough trucks,i crashed this one at 72mph,but it did cost neat or over $250 to fix.
    What you did shouldn't have phased it,a boy got one xmas day,and the same thing happened,that's a bad part[IMG][/IMG]

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    any 250$ crash is epic! Must have been as awesome to watch as it was heartbreaking to watch. The plastic corner parts will break in high speed cartwheels and tumbles. They were designed for a truck that had 1/4 the horespower and 1/2 the speed. I prefer rpm bearing carriers and alum c-blocks to ward off cartwheel carnage. You may break an arm next in line, but again rpm arms to the rescue.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Dude it caught the hanger door at 72 mph at the airport down the street,If I had a sloe mo vid i could probably have sold it to mgm for a movie seen.I think i picked up parts for twenty minutes, and i wasn't crying,it was the wind in my eyes.
    Live,Learn,And Pay.
    Plus it was 25 degrees out that didn't help the plastic parts out at all.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun Person View Post
    Hi,

I was given a Traxxas Slash for Christmas. This is my first nice RC car, not counting the dinky little toys I had as a kid that could do stuff like flip themselves over, and such. Just wanted to say hello here.

Did this earlier while playing around in the parking lot of my fire department. Luckily there is a hobby shop that is a Traxxas dealer maybe 100 yards down the road. Replaced the part, and it's running fine now.

If you happen to break the hub carrier again. Replace it with a RPM part. While Traxxas trucks and parts are very tough. They do break sometimes. The RPM parts are madee out of a more mallable material that is a little more forgiving.

Enjoy your truck. They are a Blast
    Traxxas Slash all others are just Toys lol

RC Racer
    New here as we'll. Santa brought my 7 yr old slash. 3 rd run and he snapped a steering block. Oh how great that was. Replaced with traxxas aluminum steering block and tightened the suspension a bit. Both of us are addicted and its only been 3 days. I have the front end apart twice. Hahahahah

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun Person View Post
    Hi,

Best thing i have bought for mine 30 feet high jumps and still kicking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-3652...item589a495864
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Racer
    there seem to be quiet a few people reporting issues with rear hub carriers either breaking or already broken when unboxed this Christmas.

Enjoy your slash - and you will go brushless soon so be prepared to break more and spend yet more money

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Cant comment on out of the box breakage, but new users tend to wreck into things more often, causing breakage. The cold weather does not help either...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???