RC poster

New Slash owner needs help.

I'm a proud new owner of a slash 4x4 and wanted to get another battery pack, but not sure of what to get. A lot of people seem to be using Lipo packs, is that the route I should be going? My slash is completely
    stock, but I will be slowly upgrading the more familiar I become with the truck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RC poster
    If you have the blue velenion system ?
    3 cell lipo all the way !

RC poster
    Would I see any performance upgrade from a 2 cell Lipo? Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm completely new to the rc world

Lipo is definitely the new way to go,but you need special balancing chargers,and if your not careful they can and will explode,
    As far as 3s meaning 3 cell,there for people with a lot of money to fix broken trucks.Most real tracks wont even let you run 3s.I have 20 lipos,one is 3s,the rest 2s,if you like having basically no control over your truck,a standing order at the lhs for parts,go 3s.
    If you want to have fun,make your truck last,and tuned right a 2s will perform almost as well as a 3s will.
    Lipos have a c rating,like 25c-50c+,I'm not an expert others can help you more.I have a 5400mah 2s 35c thunder power lipo,and have to loosen my slipper 1.5 turns to keep the front end down.But these kids think wheelie's are cool,and that's OK,when i was young so did I.
    I guess you really need to know what you want to do with your truck.Have fun.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Thanks for the input billy-bones, info was exactly what I was looking for.

RC poster
    How about voltage and capacity, should those number also fall within a specific range for a non upgraded slash?

You probably have the vxl-3 system,a good all around system,It has a 200amp continuous rating and a 320 amp burst rate,but I think a 50c lipo it about the most i run continuous,but again some one with more experience,would have to explain that to you, please excuse me but um on skype with my daughter right now.I will try and help more in a bit.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Sorry again but like I said there are a lot of far more knowledgeable people out there on this subject,But this i can tell you.
    If your esc electric speed control says vxl-3 you have a brush less velienon system,If it says xl-5,i doubt with a 4x4 it does,you have a brushed titan 12 turn motor.A 3s lipo will fry that in no time.
    But I followed the young crowd at first and bought a 3s lipo,the first and the last,they have there place,but imo,not in a slash.
    I'm sure as you learn and up grade your truck,which is a lot of the fun,you'll have more fun than you'll ever believe.I send you some pics of my trucks.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by billy-bones; 12-30-2012 at 02:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I would recommend lipos and a balance charger. Read up on lipos so you treat them right and you should be ok. I'm currently using the traxxas ez peak plus charger but I had a ac680 and it worked just as good. On specific lipos a 2cell with at least 5000mah 30c rating should be fine I use spc lipos good lipos at a decent price. Definatly buy a 2cell first and if you need/want more power you can use 3cell with the vxl but you have to use a more reserved gearing and watch your temps.

RC Enthusiast
    I just got my 8yr old a slash ultimate and picked up a venom 2c lipo and lipo sack, along with an onyx? 235 charger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2