RC Qualifier

Possible to break Fastest Rc record with XO-1?

Do you guys think it is possible?
    Personally I think it is.
    Here is the setup-
    Xo-1 Roller
    Stock tires or 1/8th Foams
    Kershaw 16s Esc
    1717 Neu Motor
    10s Lipo or possibly more

I think the Limiting factor will be the Tires and the motor, also the testing Area. I think the only way to do it is to have a chase car.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    It probably could be done but will take a lot of tuning and one great spot to do it at, almost really need a raceway, a real one, so you can get up to speed and hold it there.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    I don't think the stock tires will ever get anywhere near that fast. At around 130 they start to be unmanageable. Growth gets out of hand, and balance goes to crap no matter how much you balance them statically.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Champion
    how fast is the xo-1 record
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    its not going to be easy beating 200mph

RC Racer
    167MPH is fast!!!
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Qualifier
    I think the Unoffical Xo-1 Record is around 120-130 so were pretty close
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    40mph off isn't very close IMO

RC Qualifier
    @ 5:25 on video. "Come on drive the thing"
    Slash VXL, Rally VXL, and Stampede 4x4 VXL.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, 167 is LIGHT YEARS from 200 in my opinion. You gotta go 170 first.

I did manage 136 today on GPS so we're getting closer, lol.

RC Racer
    well with the amount of funds and tech they have it's a high possibility that they'll get there A LOT sooner than any of us will

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    Yeah, 167 is LIGHT YEARS from 200 in my opinion. You gotta go 170 first.

I did manage 136 today on GPS so we're getting closer, lol.
    I talked with Kershaw about a 16s setup when I bought my 8s setup from him. He was just throwing it out there as an option if I really wanted to go fast. I would be interested seeing someone else try it out. I haven't even run my 8s setup yet so there is no need to even dream about a 16s setup.

By looking at that 167 mph video. I think we need to find out what kind of tires/wheels are on that car because apparently it can easily handle the speeds that the 8s setups on this board are capable of running.

Stench - We need some videos! You'll have the fasted time on this board. You and Anthony make me hate the fact it's 19 degrees here right now so I can't try my car out.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    I talked with Kershaw about a 16s setup when I bought my 8s setup from him. He was just throwing it out there as an option if I really wanted to go fast. I would be interested seeing someone else try it out. I haven't even run my 8s setup yet so there is no need to even dream about a 16s setup.

By looking at that 167 mph video. I think we need to find out what kind of tires/wheels are on that car because apparently it can easily handle the speeds that the 8s setups on this board are capable of running.

Stench - We need some videos! You'll have the fasted time on this board. You and Anthony make me hate the fact it's 19 degrees here right now so I can't try my car out.
    Tires are custom made Aluminum wheels with rubber vulcanized onto the rim.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    Tires are custom made Aluminum wheels with rubber vulcanized onto the rim.
    it's more like custom 1x1 plain weave pre-preg carbon with foams from John. @4:17
    Last edited by FartOfDoom; 12-31-2012 at 02:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hmm that must have been from an old car, I think they went to rubber now.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    I'll try and post one soon. Kinda busy right now, maybe tomorrow.

On a side note, I find Youtube a little bit baffling. I don't understand what drives video views. Some guy can wreck his stock XO-1 in a grocery store parking lot and get 150,000 views.....and then I can post in car video of a 123 mph car and 150 people might watch it. Wierd.

RC Qualifier

On a side note, I find Youtube a little bit baffling. I don't understand what drives video views. Some guy can wreck his stock XO-1 in a grocery store parking lot and get 150,000 views.....and then I can post in car video of a 123 mph car and 150 people might watch it. Wierd.
    It is how much influence you have in the Youtube community. Tags also help, also if some big name youtuber likes your video its on the front page. If you need some advice Pm me.
    Xo-1
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion

I don't think it's that weird. Everyone likes seeing wrecks. Ill watch a wreck over a speed pass any day.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
    I don't think it's that weird. Everyone likes seeing wrecks. Ill watch a wreck over a speed pass any day.
    These aren't even "good" wreck vids. Just random nonsense.

RC Champion
    These aren't even "good" wreck vids. Just random nonsense.
    Perhaps, but the viewer doesn't know that until they click the video and by the time they realize its crap, the publisher of the vid has already got themselves another view recorded.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I guess. Not that it really matters. To each his own I guess. If I put "crash" in the description will this change things?

RC Champion
    Minimally if it doesn't involve a crash. If I see XO1 120mph crash, I'm clicking on it, but if there's no crash, it stops there. If there is a crash, I'd share the video.

RC Competitor
    Is it possible to convert a XO-1 to go that fast?

RC Qualifier
    With the latest speeds claims from Stench and AnthonyV, a modified XO-1 just might see 160 mph speeds within a year or two.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Racer
    Don't you guys go saying that Stench's car is going above 105mph or this thread will be shut down. You can talk about how fast Anthony V's car is but don't mention Stench's thats a big no no.

RC Qualifier
    So can somone do the math because I forgot how it goes

Come spring I plan to run the 2200 on 8S with the mamba XL-2

stock , 1650kv? x6S at lets say 3.7V under load = 36k rpms

a 2200kv x8S at 3.7V = 65,000 rpms . castle doesnt recommend running over 6S but If I can hit 150 and have it gps video teletry radargun whatever ill smoke a motor for it I dont care lol
    now doing all the math which I cannot equate atm relatively speaking this thing the way its gears should hit faster then what the leopards on 8s are doing so far

I was even tempted to try the 2650 on 6S. If homeboy is running gtp2E with a 2200 on 8S and hitting 140mph I think the final drive ratio on this car would make it go even faster
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    I really don't think having enough power is the main factor. It comes down to keeping the car on the ground, on its tires, and how much contact the tires are making with the ground. I really wonder how much downforce those gtp2E bodies have compared to the XO-1 body. My latest thoughts are that if the body is better, then they need less weight added to the car to keep them planted so the motor has to push less added weight. As the speed increase the downforce should increase as compared to weights which I am guessing is just a static weight? I'm not a mechanical engineer by any means but that's my guess lol
    Last edited by bringit; 01-08-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    Yes, if a body is aerodynamically efficient, the faster you go, the more downforce you get. It seems this is true for the XO1 body up to a certain speed, after which Lift > Downforce and the car goes airborn. I wonder if anyone has tried integrating some wheel wells onto the chassis. Seems once you have the body on and tape the edges, that's one of the few remaining areas that air can get into and push up on the body.