RC Racer

Hot Racing sealed diff

Has anybody got experience with the Hot Racing sealed diff for Slash? Thought it would be a nice addition to the new RPM gearbox...
    Anza Slash

RC Qualifier
    I'm thinking of one and the RPM Tranny case.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    NICE FIND! I like the price... If I do not sell my last 2wd truck, I will pick one up.

So far, every HR part I have used has been at least decent, if not very good.

RPM box+HR diff+strc/associated slipper could be a cool racing trans...
    Last edited by rag6; 12-28-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    I like that Hot Racing sealed tranny also.....I really think it would be a nice upgrade to the stock tranny and alot less costly than the Proline with the sealed tranny.

Since I have a HR tranny case, this sealed differental will be a sweet addition..And the price seames to be reasonable.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    I saw those this morning while surfing but ended by buying the traxxas ball diff and rpm gear housing went ahead and paid for the rpm housing since there not avalible untill 1/7/13 figure it will be a hot item untill the new wears off.
    drive it like you own it,full throttle

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    ^^^ are you planning on running a brushless motor with that ball diff? Which setup did you have in mind?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    I read somewhere else that MIP will soon be releasing a new ball diff for the Slash. What exactly are the pros and cons with regard to ball diffs and "normal" diff's?
    Anza Slash

Last edited by billy-bones; 01-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by zeabee View Post
    I read somewhere else that MIP will soon be releasing a new ball diff for the Slash. What exactly are the pros and cons with regard to ball diffs and "normal" diff's?
    MIP has offered a ball diff for the Slash for quite some time now. Unless they're coming out with a newer one.

Ball diffs are for racing. They are fully tunable and there is no need to remove the diff from the trans to adjust the resistance. The Traxxas diffs are even more convenient than most other brands becaus you don't even need to remove a drive shaft to adjust them.

The downside is that ball diffs (Traxxas in particular) aren't as durable as gear diffs. They also need quite a bit more maintenance to keep them working at their best. I would not recommend using one in the Slash. I tried a few times with the Traxxas pro-diff and it failed miserably every time. I even stripped the diff gear within one battery while running the stock Titan and stock tires. The truck is just too heavy. I've had great results with them in stadium trucks and buggies though. Even running brushless.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    MIP has offered a ball diff for the Slash for quite some time now. Unless they're coming out with a newer one.
    Well, according to this thread there should be a new one on the way...
    Anza Slash

Quote Originally Posted by zeabee View Post
    Well, according to this thread there should be a new one on the way...
    Yep, sure looks like something new. Their first ball diff for the Slash looked very similar to the Traxxas 2520 pro-diff. Hopefully the new one will be beefier.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Yep, sure looks like something new. Their first ball diff for the Slash looked very similar to the Traxxas 2520 pro-diff. Hopefully the new one will be beefier.
    how dose that work dose anyone know?

RC Qualifier
    I did not know that hot racing had come out with a sealed diff until I saw this post today. I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the one made by FLM. I already have a full aluminum case and have made my stock diff some what a sealed, but it does leak just not as fast. I have been waiting on Traxxas to come out with one for years but it just never happened, so this is now on order and I will let you know how it goes soon!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by toyota2 View Post
    I have been waiting on Traxxas to come out with one for years but it just never happened, so this is now on order and I will let you know how it goes soon!
    Looking forward to your pictures and comments :-)
    Anza Slash

Wow that HR sealed diff will put the nail in the coffin for the Swami and FLM aluminum differential cases. (I didn't say sealed because the Swami doesn't seal and they charge $70 for it...)

Okay I'll get off my high horse now. I have both the FLM and Swami so I might as well order an HR case.

Edit: I thought I had one ordered until I saw this

Edit #2: Okay I got one ordered from liquidRC. Thanks for the tip zeabee!
    Last edited by O.G.; 01-04-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    (I didn't say sealed because the Swami doesn't seal and they charge $70 for it...)
    I never could understand the logic behind that.