RC Qualifier

New Kicks ---- A True “Labor” of Love!!!!

Well I FINALLY got them done. This has been a headache since day one but I think they turned out great!

I have hours & hours invested in these. First it took forever to find the Cheyenne wheels and then dying process was a nightmare. After I stripped the chrome there was some sort of coating (I guess) that was on the wheel under the chrome because every time I would dye them they would blister. I’ve dyed this set of rims no less than 7 times before I finally got them right.

I probably have 8 to 10 hours alone in the aluminum rings. Stripping the orange paint (or powder coating) was crazy! And then it took about 3 hours to polish them.

But the end result is a one of a kind set of tires/wheels. Now it’s time to put them to use!!

Last edited by BlackSheep800; 04-01-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Competitor
    Looks great, from the looks of the finished product it was worth the time spent, thumbs up.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nostopin View Post
    Looks great, from the looks of the finished product it was worth the time spent, thumbs up.
    Thank you sir! I have to admit, that first scratch is going to sting a little.......but I know its coming!?!

I have a set of the Cheyenne rims myself.first thing I did was remove the gold/orange from the rings.yours look great nice work.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    I have a set of the Cheyenne rims myself.first thing I did was remove the gold/orange from the rings.yours look great nice work.
    Thanks buddy! One thing's for sure, these jokers have some weight to them all mounted up. I guess thats a good thing???

They are a bit wider than the axial rocksters but have a bit less offset.
    23mm hub helps to fix the hub slop issue as well.i have my Moab xl's mounted on them I added 7 oz of weight to each front.Stock servos do not like that too much at all...lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Nice rims! Just be careful now not to strip a wheel hex!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Nice rims! Just be careful now not to strip a wheel hex!
    I picked up a spare set Saturday at my LHS………first thing I’ve bought from them in a long time. They had two pair in the discount basket for $9.99 each.

RC Champion
    Wow I've never cared for the look of the Trenchers before, but that combo is probably the best I've ever seen on this truck! Great job.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    Wow I've never cared for the look of the Trenchers before, but that combo is probably the best I've ever seen on this truck! Great job.
    Thank you sir! I didn't like the looks of them as much with the center caps so I removed the blue anidozing form the 23mm hexes and polished them too. To me it finished the look.