RC poster

E revo motor help

Hey guys, just bought a 1/10 e revo. When I got it it has a EVX2 esc and Titan 775. The motor gets very hot and it runs slow. Is the motor going bad? Also I have the stock Monster motor. What type of esc do I buy? for plug and play..will a 1/10 Mamba Monster Pro work? I just run it around my house and wheelies and stuff. Looking for something faster then the Titan is all. WIll the pro last very long in the 1/8 size or will it be underpowered? I can get the 1/10 monster for 100..and the big one is 160 so im just trying to save some cash since I just run it around the house I dont jump much or race or anything. Im a noob so thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Do you mean you have the mamba max pro?
    You need the mamba monster

RC poster
    All I have is the titan 775 and evx2 in it. I do own the stock mamba motor but need an esc. My question is can i use the max pro or do i have to get just the mamba monster 1/8. Id rather use the max pro if it works

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The mmp is more 1/10 scale I would run the mamba monster

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    With my small block on my merv and the mmp I have recorded close to 100 amps and have pulled the same with my mamba monster and 2200 so if you took it easy it might last for a while until you put some big trenchers on there or nail the throttle too hard

RC poster
    Would the hpi flux rage esc work with the mamba 2200 motor? It's an 80a esc....will that hold up with the mamba?

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...Code=HPI101712

RC Qualifier
    Edit: Hmm, first post, in the wrong thread, not really a good start, hehe

^lol welcome anyways....I'm thinking an 80 amp ESC will not like a 1/8 scale truck, have to keep the gearing very conservative. I would did get the MMM2 ESC..........or a MMM for cheap.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    The only thing castle has that will handle the weight is the Mamba Monster.
    The HPI Blur ESC out of the savage flux HP is the same thing.
    For Tekin it needs an RX8 but Im guessing you dont want to go there.
    You can usually pick up a used Mamba Monster ESC for under $100 although some will list close to retail which personally I laugh at as they give a reference to the highest priced online retailer they can find.

RC Enthusiast
    if you are looking for a cheap esc have a look at the Hobbywing ezrun series.
    I have the waterproof sc-8 120amp (4s max) for rainy days. works like a charm