RC Champion

New Slash Baja Body

My daughter has a used Slash 4x4 that her husband bought for her. Well the body that is/was on it was a little trashed....

So I got her a Bug body and painted it just like the VW Bug she had when she was in high school....Only her's didn't have the rear wing.

I kept it basic with only a few window stickers.

And here's a few pics....

I also installed head and tail led lights on the body with two interior blue led lights....

Looks sweet at night...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    Props man. I would have never took the time to detail the engine like that. That looks awesome. Don't let her beat this one up to fast! But then again that's what there for.

RC Competitor
    Looking great! Very nice colors!

I love the Baja Bug body. I have one on my Slash, but I will also put one on my Summit.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911kevin View Post
    Props man. I would have never took the time to detail the engine like that. That looks awesome. Don't let her beat this one up to fast! But then again that's what there for.
    My hands are not as steady these days so it does make it a little more difficult to do detail work... But the effort and want to do it is still there. LOL

I had to cut out part of the engine compartment, about 1/4 inch on each side to clear the rear bumper.. but 90% of the engine detail work is still there...

She hasn't run the new body yet, but I think the kids will come back up to our house for New Years to break in the new body.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    That is a freakin' sweet body! I like the two-tone blue. Interesting scheme. Did that wing come with the shell?
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    That is a freakin' sweet body! I like the two-tone blue. Interesting scheme. Did that wing come with the shell?
    Yep, the wing comes with the shell. It's on the front of the shell and it's a bit hard to notice. So you have to be careful when cutting it out, or you might cut the wing in two or more pieces.

RC Racer
    nice job on the shell my dutch friend :-)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetterhoun View Post
    Yep, the wing comes with the shell. It's on the front of the shell and it's a bit hard to notice. So you have to be careful when cutting it out, or you might cut the wing in two or more pieces.
    As stated by Wetterhoun the wing came with the body, it also has two small fins that can be attached to the sides of the wing where the small fins are.... I did not use them as I did not like the look nor think they would last..LOL

The bodies are 25% off at my local hobby shop today, so I'm going to get another as this one I did over a year ago is pretty well beat up.

This was done with rattle cans.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
    nice job on the shell my dutch friend :-)
    Thanks..... There is a bit of Swede and Norwegian also....LOL... It's all good
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis