RC poster

Unhappy tmaxx 2.5 wont start only buzzes

im so angry i broke down the whole truck to find out the cause of it not starting the ez start has a fresh battery and i click it and it just buzzes!! i see the fuel going to the carb so im stuck idk what else to try does anyone have any ideas?? i have my stampede XL-5 2wd for now but i want my nitro back! please help

RC Qualifier
    Pull the electric motor out of the EZ start and make sure it's not binded up or bunt out. If it spins when out of the assembly, it has to be one of the gears inside the EZ start case.
    Last edited by Maxximum Overdive; 12-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.

RC poster
    ok i will give that a try and see where that takes me thanks i will reply with results.

RC Qualifier
    I've had the same issue years ago on my 2.5 Sportmaxx. After a while the little guide posts that hold the EZ start gears start to get a lot of play and that led to the gears binding up and stopping the motor which would only buzz. Good luck, let us know how it works out!

RC poster
    well now im getting some compression out of the tuned pipe but its every so often

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxximus91 View Post
    well now I'm getting some compression out of the tuned pipe but its every so often.
    The engine makes compression not the pipe.

Does the engine have compression when you turn it over by hand?

Does the EZ start turn the spin engine over?
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC poster
    yeah i know the engine makes compression i feel the push out the pipe (exhaust) and yes both ways give compression im thinking glow plug... the wire is good i checked continuity and its good and the pug is good butttttt.... the wand shows that there is no glow plug so thats where im stuck now. the ground is grounded so its not that so im so confused i miss my t-maxx this electric 2wd stampede blows :/ but yeah if u could help me out on this issue i would be really great full i have done loads of research and all with out any avail im thinking maybe just replace ez start wire harness and glow plug and maybe buy a pull start and ignitor as backup

RC Qualifier
    The EZ start wand is known for blowing out the circuit (inside the wand) that heats the glow plug. Try a glo ignighter and see if it fires.

Also check the pins in the ez connector, they are also know for getting pushed down just enough to not make contact, try pushing the wires up from the bottom & see what happens.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Mine was doing the same thing. I took the oneway bearing out and cleaned it along with the ez start and it fixed the problem.

RC Enthusiast
    Hi Be sure to put the bearing back in with the lettering on the OWB facing the engine, hope it gets going for you!