RC Enthusiast

4x4 only turning back wheels fast?

The front wheels still turn but not nearly as fast as the back any ideas of what I broke?

RC Enthusiast
    Pull the wheels off and check the hexes. Likely culprit if they're plastic and wheel nuts are not checked for tightness.

Remedy is to buy aluminium hexes and use loctite when tightening those wheel nuts.

Other possibilities might be centre drive shaft splines, front diff problem maybe... Wheel hexes are your best bet I reckon.

RC Qualifier
    Not saying this is the problem but....hopefully its something easy. How are your bearings up front? Any grass or debris wound around your axles or drive shafts? Look between the hexes and bearing carriers. Are one of the hexes rounded?
    If you pick up the truck and spin a wheel do all the rest turn to some degree?
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

Always check your wheel nuts before you run your truck and do light maintenance checks aswell just to stay on top of your game dude. I think its your hexs that are the prob hope you get it fixed soon man.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Did you work it out?

RC Enthusiast
    All fixed it was the set screw under the drive guard had backed out. Thanks for all the responses.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fishquiz View Post
    All fixed it was the set screw under the drive guard had backed out. Thanks for all the responses.
    I actually don't know what you mean by 'drive guard' (center shaft maybe?), but regardless, don't forget to add a dab of loctite to stop it happening again
    Well done and happy bashing!

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, glad you resolved your problem, remember to, drive fast and take chances. If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

Or go big or go home is another cheesy line i like to use dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!