Hybrid View

RC poster

Help Needed with Slash VXL 2wd

Hi guys,I am wanting help to answer a couple questions I have about the Slash VXL 2wd version, i have
    given Myself a budget of 200$. my questions are,

I want to make my slash go as fast as 50 mph, to do so i would need a 3s Lipo 23/86 11.1V battery
    Would i need to change any gearing,if so is this mildly easy to do. i am a beginner with about 3 months
    of experience, i have yet to open up the motor.

i am wanting a new stronger, maybe alloy chassis, as my chassis (Stock) has broken twice.
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...9#.UNzEb2-umtY
    this is one of my choices, i dont know about anyone else out there, but this seems to be a good option?

now, my last question, Swing arms , I want blue alloy ones, but i was wondering who makes the best,
    or if i should get certain ones.

- Thanks for your time
    Matt
    P.S.
    bonus pictures of my Slash now,

[IMG]C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\DSC_0154.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\DSC_0151.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\DSC_0152.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\DSC_0153.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\DSC_0155.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\DSC_0157.JPG[/IMG]

RC poster
    sorry, looks like you will have to copy and paste the links.

RC Competitor
    I put a 3s lipo on my rustler hit a patch of sand and stripped the idler gear in my transmission. The stock gearing for the slash is 23/86. If you plan on changing the gears you should only drive the truck on a hard surface like the street or parking lot or be prepared to fix a few things every now and then. I believe Traxxas recommends 31 tooth pinion gear and 76 spur gear. You'll be going well over 55+ mph.

As for the images you'll need image hosting. There are a bunch of free websites out there. One of the popular sites is www.photobucket.com

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNitroGuy View Post
    I put a 3s lipo on my rustler hit a patch of sand and stripped the idler gear in my transmission. The stock gearing for the slash is 23/86. If you plan on changing the gears you should only drive the truck on a hard surface like the street or parking lot or be prepared to fix a few things every now and then. I believe Traxxas recommends 31 tooth pinion gear and 76 spur gear. You'll be going well over 55+ mph.

As for the images you'll need image hosting. There are a bunch of free websites out there. One of the popular sites is www.photobucket.com

thats what i run on my slash 31/76 this thing FLIES only did it to see how fast i could get it waiting in my ProLine suspension to come in then i will give it the test run i will let you know how fast i got it
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

I'm assuming you have the vxl brush less?
    Mine With 32p 20-54 Robision gearing,3800kv 4 pole castle,the gps said 72mph.
    The repair bill's was $250+ to fix the carnage,It even bent the motor shaft.
    And it has the pro line suspension with 2.8 rims and pl street fighters,Took out both of them on the right side also.
    And imop If it says integrity,its junk.[IMG][/IMG]Have fun,I'll never do it again,50mph is fast enough for me.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    how about axles along with the gears, i want 50mph+ for streets and tough sufaces but at least 40mph off-road on packed
    and soft dirt. i know i would need metal? axles

RC Competitor
    Broke your chassis twice? Ouch.

I've got a 3S and VXL...only damage from the extra power is a melted clutch bearing support-my fault to run it too loose causing it excess heat.

It has run the 3S 16 times thus far. I tried it on pavement and couldn't understand how one can control it at 50+ mph. I had issues with the truck blowing over as I neared the high speed.

I think a gearing change and the 3S is all you need...good luck!

Last edited by billy-bones; 12-28-2012 at 12:58 AM.

All three of my trucks run steel Tekno axle's,even the pl set up,Tekno makes longer steel shafts for that purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaTT12121 View Post
    how about axles along with the gears, i want 50mph+ for streets and tough sufaces but at least 40mph off-road on packed
    and soft dirt. i know i would need metal? axles

RC Qualifier
    If you are wanting a better chassis check this out

http://www.chuckworksrc.com/Slice_A4.5.php

RC Qualifier
    I wouldn't get aluminum a-arms. They can spell disaster in most situations. Once they bend, you can never bend them exactly into place. And when they do bend, the handling of your truck can turn for the worse. Get some good RPM plastic ones, if they break you can mail them in and they will replace it for free. I have an RPM rear bumper on my VXL and I haven't had a single breakage with it yet. I was amazed on how much more stiff the RPM one was as opposed to the stocker.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

I cant believe it,i bought a slash on line and it has that exact chassis a nice 4 pole 3800kv,I bent the out put shaft,but new one coming,Robinson hardened 32p gears and clutch, With the pro line suspension plus lots more,for $230, Man that's got to be the best deal I ever git in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdodge44150 View Post
    If you are wanting a better chassis check this out

http://www.chuckworksrc.com/Slice_A4.5.php

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    I cant believe it,i bought a slash on line and it has that exact chassis a nice 4 pole 3800kv,I bent the out put shaft,but new one coming,Robinson hardened 32p gears and clutch, With the pro line suspension plus lots more,for $230, Man that's got to be the best deal I ever git in my life.
    You want your money back send it to me!!!

Thanks anyway i just got it back together after a nice wreck ,but didn't know what a deal i got,post #5 on this thread is a pic of it,just waiting for the castle motor rebuild kit.
    You want your money back send it to me!!!

RC poster
    Thanks for all the answers, still haven't made my decision on a chassis. i have been looking for a bit and it doesnt look like
    there are that many out there

RC poster
    ok, i have a new problem. i cant seem to find the name of the part witch holds the front shock tower and connects to the
    front of the chassis underneath.also connects to the front A-arms please reply if you know the part name

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaTT12121 View Post
    ok, i have a new problem. i cant seem to find the name of the part witch holds the front shock tower and connects to the
    front of the chassis underneath.also connects to the front A-arms please reply if you know the part name
    I think you mean the bulkhead this thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    thanks thats it!

RC Qualifier
    Next time aim for the left side since you'll have spare a arms and the motor shaft doesn't stick out on that side. LOL

Wont be a next time lol.
    Next time aim for the left side since you'll have spare a arms and the motor shaft doesn't stick out on that side. LOL