RC Qualifier

Question what is your worst rc moment(s)?

ok, ill start. it just snowed here and my motor is still burned out and my parents will replace it only if they feel like it.
    All I need now is to set a new lap record.

Snow means shoveling to do.....
    Some neighbours may want to pay a
    Healthy young fella to do something like that.You could use some $$$ for a motor.i see a solution to this problem.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Yep, bust out that shovel.

Not going to learn anything if you sit back and wait for mom and dad to replace it for you.
    Put some effort out there for it at least.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    all my neighbors have those snow removing machines, another bad moment

RC Competitor
    You could start doing things around the house? Perhaps dishes, clean up different rooms, vacuum, etc. Maybe it'll push them into getting it for you. Just a thought.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I'm a builder, been 15+ years for me. I also work as a snowboard coach (instructor) in the winter for about 18 years now off and on. I first instructed for fun and so I can ride for free by being an employee of the mountain. This also has bigger benefits, my family and or even a friend or 2 can come anytime, the lift passes and rentals for them are FREE! sometimes I meet a client in the parking lot to give them a break on price and more cash to my pocket. Maybe you have friends that want to learn something you can do well.... be reasonable and you can make some $. Also, after a # of storms, I get the ladders out and offer snow removal on roofs. In Maine, (lived there for 21 years) I could get $500-1500 a roof, no bull! I've gotten years of return calls after from satisfied customers. Just some examples of getting some legit $. In the city where I live, (im not that kind of guy but they are all around) folks get stuck with lots of people behind them or just plain desperate. I watch people get 20 bucks a pop for getting them out of the snow...... and they stand on the corner waiting for this to happen lol. Fellas are pulling in killer money simply pushing and clearing snow for a few minutes each time. This example is more taking advantage than anything, but, the guy in the car is happy to pay rather than get his suit dirty or wet.

Forgot about the topic lol... worst moment, an suv ran over my very rally on thanksgiving! Just to understand the situation a bit more, its a fully customized rally. I built it from a TeamRCE chassis, CC motor/esc and run 3s. Turned out to be about $30 to get it back to mint lol, lucky!
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 12-27-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I'm a builder, been 15+ years for me. I also work as a snowboard coach (instructor) in the winter for about 18 years now off and on. I first instructed for fun and so I can ride for free by being an employee of the mountain. This also has bigger benefits, my family and or even a friend or 2 can come anytime, the lift passes and rentals for them are FREE! sometimes I meet a client in the parking lot to give them a break on price and more cash to my pocket. Maybe you have friends that want to learn something you can do well.... be reasonable and you can make some $. Also, after a # of storms, I get the ladders out and offer snow removal on roofs. In Maine, (lived there for 21 years) I could get $500-1500 a roof, no bull! I've gotten years of return calls after from satisfied customers. Just some examples of getting some legit $. In the city where I live, (im not that kind of guy but they are all around) folks get stuck with lots of people behind them or just plain desperate. I watch people get 20 bucks a pop for getting them out of the snow...... and they stand on the corner waiting for this to happen lol. Fellas are pulling in killer money simply pushing and clearing snow for a few minutes each time. This example is more taking advantage than anything, but, the guy in the car is happy to pay rather than get his suit dirty or wet.

Forgot about the topic lol... worst moment, an suv ran over my very rally on thanksgiving! Just to understand the situation a bit more, its a fully customized rally. I built it from a TeamRCE chassis, CC motor/esc and run 3s. Turned out to be about $30 to get it back to mint lol, lucky!
    My dads an instructor, I could've been one but then the mountain decided to raise the working age to 18 after a lawsuit.

Anyways, my worst rc moment was when I ran outta screws on my rally to slash conversion 3 weeks ago and still have to wait another two weeks to recieve them.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Probably when I nailed my bro and broke my whole front end, wheels went flying down the road.. Lol
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    another bad moment occurred when I crash my truck into a thin pole, and I held onto full throttle and the motor threw smoke and burned out

RC Qualifier
    my vxl 3s came loose on my sl2sh and the receiver wire is cut where it connects to the esc. it happened
    yesterday and i don't know how to get it fixed. i have no money right now as i owe my parents like thirty bucks. it'll be a while
    til i send in to Traxxas
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    I think my worst moment was. I had a nitro 4-tec that I was trying to sell. I met with a guy who was interested in it, he ask if he could drive it, and crashed into a wall at about 65mph. And then says I don't think I want it. So 100$ later it was ready to sell again. Since that wonderful day, my rc's are strictly owner operated, I don't even let my kids drive my cars.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Champion
    watched my E-maxx brushless cartwheel out of control and snap the chassis, bulkheads and skidplates.....on 2 different occasions!

RC Qualifier
    when a whole crowed of people are watching your truck it breaks.

RC Qualifier
    now another thing happened today. i went and bought really good tires and mounted them on my slash wheels. the tires were directional and i mounted them backwards

RC Qualifier
    The first week I ever owned my Rally Monster EP, I accidentally went full speed into the side of the garage door, busting the front a-arm. I was in R/C for about 1 1/2 weeks...
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by f687s View Post
    it just snowed here and my motor is still burned out and my parents will replace it only if they feel like it.
    <Face palm>
    I'll provide for my kids but I won't bend over backwards and buy them everything they need. They will learn the value of a dollar and work for their money; they want to buy something that is a "really, really want" over "need" more than likely they'll open their wallet or piggy bank.

Sounds like you need to don your hat, gloves and jacket and push a shovel.

Back on topic: twisted the HSN the wrong way thinking I was richening it up when I was indeed leaning the engine out. Busted a piston skirt but boy did that thing scream!
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    <Face palm>
    I'll provide for my kids but I won't bend over backwards and buy them everything they need. They will learn the value of a dollar and work for their money; they want to buy something that is a "really, really want" over "need" more than likely they'll open their wallet or piggy bank.

Sounds like you need to don your hat, gloves and jacket and push a shovel.

Back on topic: twisted the HSN the wrong way thinking I was richening it up when I was indeed leaning the engine out. Busted a piston skirt but boy did that thing scream!
    shovel was already pushed before this forum existed

RC Qualifier
    My Worst RC Moment... Ran myself over in January with my new Traxxas Slash VXL and broke it within 5 minutes on its first run.

My Worst RC Moment...My T~maxx WOT into a bit of re-bar sticking up just enough to catch the arms, ripped both left side lower arms off & destroyed the front left bulkhead & front diff.

Had no idea it was there till I hit!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by f687s View Post
    ok, ill start. it just snowed here and my motor is still burned out and my parents will replace it only if they feel like it.
    Attitude like that i wouldnt get it for you either...

Worst moment... When i got addicted to R/Cs(cars/helis)... Because id be alot richer if i hadnt!!!

Not that i wouldnt do it again :P

RC Qualifier
    That even though my Rustler is waterproof my dad won't let me go outside. We have an inch of snow and gaining but no. I cannot go outside.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Competitor
    One of my trucks was stolen out of the back of my car almost exactly 3 years ago, I lost pretty much all of my RC motivation and have been trying to get back into the hobby since.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I had just put the finishing touches on my 4tec build. 3S, Castle system, and a brand new Mustang body that I painted to match my wife's car. Really had it screaming up the road. My wife comes out to see how fast my car is and I do a high speed pass. When the car gets about fifteen feet from us at full speed, it hit a pebble on the road and went airborne. Took off like a plane, veered towards us and slammed square into my own mailbox right in the numbers. I dropped my head down and my wife laughed and went back inside. Many broken parts and the body looked like a windshield hit with a rock. All the paint just shattered. Hours of work down the drain......
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    Was at my grandparents driving my slash 4x4. My grandma came outside to watch, and I accidentally slammed my truck into her shin going 35-40 mph. My parents grounded my from my slash for months. She still walks with a limp.

You break you buy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseSlash View Post
    That even though my Rustler is waterproof my dad won't let me go outside. We have an inch of snow and gaining but no. I cannot go outside.
    I can see why. The metal would rust.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseSlash View Post
    my dad still doesnt trust the waterproofing tech

RC Qualifier
    Your Rc life stinks wow Sorry about the bad luck tho but my worst crash was well i never had one when i think about it i never snap a: a arm or anything hmmmmmm well when i put my 4600kv 1406 in my mini Grave digger i will sure be giving this forum a visit and yes i was bragging alttle

RC Champion
    I had a pinion come off the Nitro 4TEC clutch bell at high rpms. Ricocheted between the chassis and body. Hardly any damage overall but it sounded like it was going to destroy it.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    Was out driving my e-revo the other night with my brother and we collided and my e-revo tumbled a few times.
    Car wouldn't move, picked it up and removed the shell, and saw that my castle motor was missing.
    It was sitting at the back of the car, end bell threads stripped. It was a used mamba setup and I knew the threads were iffy and Loctite wasn't enough.
    I'm going to use the stripped castle in my zd truggy using a vorza flux motor mount (its a clamp around the body style) and just buy another castle motor.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    When I took out my mamba monster slash for its maiden run, I spun out and smacked a $170 motor into the curb, it was completely ruined.

Cost me $85 to get it fixed from castle..
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    right now im selling my old legos and nerfs locally so that i can buy another traxxas rc soon, gl to me and another bad moment was when i ran my truck to my living room and my motor lost its give

RC Qualifier
    was driving my brand new kawasaki e revo at night (the second battery had finished charging at arround 8:30 pm; keep in mind by brand new i mean the day it came in the mail) i was eager to give it a quick drive, went out side drive arround for 5 minutes, i start trugging arround then the e revo came to a complete stop. at this point im thinking the motor plate was loose and the pinion and spur wasn't making contact, so i go over to investigate; five feet away i hear a splash under my foot and the bottom of my foot was wet, at this point im thinking great... fried batterries, right as im reaching down to take the body off and unplug the batteries, TONS of smoke starts rolling out of the body... after everything was said and done, i had fried two brand new batteries and a brand new mamba esc. I did not go crying to "mommy and daddy" begging for money to pay for my stupidity- instead i put on the boots and got a job at my aunt and uncle's electrical department cleaning sheds full of machinery and two semi trailers full of parts. Along with pulling weeds and so on and so forth; so many of the workers told me they had not seen the place look so good in 15 years (as nearly all the people working there started working for them when they first opened up) P.S. sorry for the very long comment
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede