RC poster

Slayer Pro 4x4 Upgrades

I got a Slayer Pro 4x4 and broke in, tuned, and running great. I was wanting to start upgrading some stuff. I will mostly be running it on pavement and hard pack dirt. I know the sway bars are a must from what I have read, what else would you recommend?

Also what bodies will fit the Pro? I know it is bigger and I haven't ran across any that say they fit. Also what tires would you recommend for a good pavement/hard pack dirt? Any upgrades on the bumpers also?

PROLINE FLO-TEK (CLEAR) BODY FOR TRAXXAS SLAYER PRO #3384-00

That's the only one if im not mistaken that was made for the slayer pro. Although a fair bit of the other SC bodies will work as well. With a couple exceptions it is a pretty universal body size.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

If your running on hard pack dirt, I'd look at upgrading the tires. The center diff is a nice upgrade too, it helps with not spining out, but, it stops any wheelies. Good luck!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Cool thanks, i am considering changing tires.

I havent actually had my Slayer stand a wheelie yet. I am kind of surprised.

Also I read somewhere that the Revo 3.3 bodies fit, is that true?

The Revo bodies fit, BUT you may have some clearance issues with the tires on some of the bodies. Plus it looks a little goofy.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Enthusiast
    New Slayer pro owner , just bought today, Ive got a MGT 8.0 and a baaaad T-maxx but this is my first short course truck. Ive read a few places that sway bars are needed. Can anyone tell me why and what brand they are using? And last, what upgrades did you end up going with and how did they work out for you?