RC Qualifier

revo/ grave digger.. Need gearing & other help..

My son has a 1/16th grave digger and today I bought a used MERV and started swapping parts. My plan is to have a 2 wheel drive brushed revo that the wife or guest can play with and then my son and myself will have my MERV and his grave digger to play with.

I swapped over the front wheel drive gear, vxl-3m, motor, motor mount, receiver and transmitter
    I would like to gear his down so there is as little strain on the motor as possible to keep the temps down and make it last as long as possible. .

Currently I am running the 23/55 combo out of the digger and the torq is out of this world. a 3s lipo is not controllable at all... He will only be running the stock series 1 Nimh batteries but I just wanted to play with it for a few minutes.

What gearing should I go with to help achieve my goal? I didn't know what difference the large grave digger tires would have on the gearing..

What makes the Digger sit so much higher than the MERV? The only obvious things I could see was chrome plated springs vs. red. Are the springs the only difference in ride height?
    LMBO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Go smaller on the pinion. For 3s and sounds like springs and big tires.makes the difference

RC Qualifier
    I will see what pinion gears are available. Going smaller on the pinion will lower the top speed as well, right?

He will just be running the NIMH that came with the revo and the digger, it
    is a little too quick for him with the lipo's on it.
    LMBO