RC Racer

New revo owner!!

hello every body i jus t got a revo for xmas and i love it1 i will post some pics!!!

RC Racer
    Congratulations on your new truck! Hope you have lots of fun with it
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Racer
    thank you! but its used not exactly new

RC Racer
    Well, that should only mean that you will have more money to spend on upgrades!

RC Qualifier
    You will absolutely love the Revo!!! Ive had a total of 5 of them but currently own 2. The Revo does a lot of things very well (race, bash,etc). Get some pics when you can and share them. We need to revive this Revo forum. The electrics are trying to take over!!! LOL.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC poster
    Add me also got for xmas but have to wait till the weather breaks this spring to beak it in. just in time my nitro rustler is beat . need to tade in for new engine. 2.5 a little over 5 gallons

*Watch the language*
    Last edited by Double G; 01-03-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Congrats on the REVO! It's sure to bring many years of very fun times! It's the best machine i've ever owned, that's for sure.
    Learn by doing

RC poster
    did you need to upgrade anyting as of yet. i heard rpm a arms are a good replacement for stock arms?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda44 View Post
    did you need to upgrade anyting as of yet. i heard rpm a arms are a good replacement for stock arms?
    Yes the rpm arms are needed. The stockers break very easily on the revo.
    We went to the skatepark and the FIRST JUMP (Very small one) broke a front upper arm.
    Rpm will fix that.
    Although I suppose it will depend mostly on how you drive it. Don't buy em until you break the stock one(s)
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC poster
    Hey pal,
    Congrats have fun with it. waiting for pics post soon...

RC Qualifier
    Gratz to all the new owners. I too am a New Revo owner. I have already done lots of mods to mine. I have the Rpm A arms upper and lower front and rear, RPM push rods and tie rods, Steel drive axles, sway bar kit, Ace Racing Outlaw Pipe(sounds like a dirtbike now), Big Daddy Fuel Filters 1 on vent line and 1 on feed line, Proline Masher Tires, couple Integy aluminum skid plates, Wing mount and wing, Platinum body. Ive ordered new spur gears and clutch bell gears. I want to try some close ratio gearing for some better launch response. Have fun bashing i know i do.

Can someone tell me how to change my screen name?
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

Quote Originally Posted by deargdoo@gmail.com View Post

Can someone tell me how to change my screen name?
    You'll need to contact the administrator.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I bought my revo 3.3 in nov or december I don't remember. I have put on a wing and sway bar kit and purchased some new tires and wheels. I have been wanting to change the oil in the differential but not sure what weight to use and need to do some more research on it. I also need to learn how to do a proper alignment since I want it to drive straight. I'm sure if the bearing that I found broke probably had some to due with it but I tried to fix my droop with some of the stiffer springs in the box but now it pulls to the right.

I haven't had any issues with the A arms only the axle carriers. I have broke 3 and I have had it about a month. Mostly due to driver error or being new to this hobby. But my current parts list is 3 axle carriers 2 driver rear, 1 rear passenger along with a bearing. I did break the front bumper along with the mount and the wing but some nice glue is holding it together for now don't see the point of buying new if glue is holding it. My hobby shop doesn't have the blue RPM bumpers only the black. I was wanting to wait to upgrade to the rpm true trac setup because I am using the 3.2 maximizers with panther Switch 2.0 MT. With the RPM axle carriers you can not use 3.2" beadlocks but will probably just put the stock tires back on the rear.

I also bought an ultimate slash 4x4 as well from Christmas money and some tips. I want to get another lipo and run parallel and build a custom battery box and get a heatsink fan setup. I have been running it in cold weather and engine temp was 160 deg. Probably need to change the gears as well running a onyx lipo 3s 5000mA.

Does anyone know where I can find some good info about aligning my revo and slash?

http://www.panthertires.com/store/in...product_id=138
    http://www.maximizerproducts.com/mod...hex_P67015.cfm
    Last edited by Adam Ackley; 01-09-2013 at 01:03 PM.

RC Racer
    50k wt in front and 30k wt in back is quite good all around differential fluid choice.

RC Qualifier
    Adam, for aliagnment i use the RPM Monster Camber Gauge (RPM70950) and the RPM Toe-In Gauge RPM70492. With those 2 tools i can get it pretty straight and true. Any left over wander is easily adjusted out with the steering trim on the controller.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"