RC Enthusiast

Ten Dollar T-Maxx!!!!

Hi all! my wife bought me an old T-Maxx at a garage sale--She paid 10 dollars. I cleaned it up, gassed it up and voila it runs!! TEN BUCKS! Here's the deal though. I don't like the Monster truck look. Anyone know of a lower profile body selection for it that looks more like a short-course (Or can I modify a Slash body to fit?) and are smaller tires available? And finally--It'll start and run but sometimes when I pound the accelerator it takes off for about 30 seconds then stalls. other times it'll run till I shut it off--Any help?!

Please watch your language.
    -Carraig042
    Last edited by carraig042; 12-22-2012 at 09:11 AM.

RC Competitor
    Short Course conversion can be done, I am actually in the middle of one myself. I posted it over in the E-maxx forums since I also decided to convert it to brushless. Here's a link, but I didn't post too much info. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...390-Sneak-Peak!

Another build thread that I found a couple weeks ago when looking to see if anyone had done something similar: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-sc-conversion

Proline used to sell a body called the Crowd Pleazer, but has since been discontinued. Shame, I really liked mine. You may be able to fit a truggy body on it depending which model T you have. Pic for reference:
    Formerly Wildjones before forum upgrade

RC Racer
    Nice find. Kudos to your wife! Drop in a new Glow Plug. Keep an eye on the Head Temps. A drop of water at the base of the glow plug is a good indicator.. If it sizzles you're pushing it. Want a steady flow of Blue smoke running at 3/4 to Full throttle.
    Turn the High Speed Needle counter-clockwise to richen the fuel mixture for smoke. Download the manual for further instruction via Support on this site.
    Last edited by BAD RC; 12-20-2012 at 11:59 PM.

RC Competitor
    id say the stalling is from a bad tune mine did this for a while til i got the tune right
    T-Maxx 2.5r
    Stampede xl5

RC Enthusiast
    it's running better the more I run it--It sat for awhile I guess. Still stalling a little so I will take it to the hobby shop soon and have them do a once-over. I also notice that the radio twitches (it's an old xtal type) so I'm wondering if that throttle twitch causes it to stall sometimes?

There is always a chance that is it, but I doubt it. I would say that it is just gunked up from the time it has been sitting.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Racer
    Remove the crystals from the Tx and Rx. and switch them around. Something as simple as corrosion around the sockets can play havoc on a system.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by theMANIMAL View Post
    Short Course conversion can be done, I am actually in the middle of one myself. I posted it over in the E-maxx forums since I also decided to convert it to brushless. Here's a link, but I didn't post too much info. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...390-Sneak-Peak!

Another build thread that I found a couple weeks ago when looking to see if anyone had done something similar: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-sc-conversion

Proline used to sell a body called the Crowd Pleazer, but has since been discontinued. Shame, I really liked mine. You may be able to fit a truggy body on it depending which model T you have. Pic for reference:
    Nice setup.

RC Racer
    The truck I picked up is doing the same thing. It stalls out quickly. I have not tried tuning it yet. It's snowing out side so it will have to wait. Mine doesn't idle for more than 3-4 seconds then dies out.

RC Racer
    Depending on the ambient temps. Nitro in cold weather my require a hotter plug. I don't use the Glow Plug system on the EZ-Start either. I use a sepperate Glow Plug igniter. When the motor does start, I keep the glow igniter on the plug until I see the motor start to run smoothly and buliding head temps.

Sent from Mars Curiosity.