RC Competitor

Exploded Diagram Question

Hi All,

just wondering if someone can explain the exploded diagram with regards to additional characters.

For example, im looking at the dust covers, and it says i need part number 5378X and 5334R. What do the X and R represent? Why cant they just say 5378 and 5334?

Another one it has:
    5939R opt.

I'm just curious is all

Cheers guys.
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

5378X is just the rubber boot set for the pillow balls. The 5378X will come with instructions telling you which ring to use (blue for new style with steel support ring or black older style no steel ring) The 5334R is the Axle carriers.

5939 is the stock steel turnbuckles and the R is the optional aluminum turnbuckles.

Usually if it says opt. it's an optional traxxas upgrade part or a lighter aluminum part.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    5378X is just the rubber boot set for the pillow balls. The 5378X will come with instructions telling you which ring to use
    Im assuming you mean "5378 is just the rubber boot set..."? Is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    5939 is the stock steel turnbuckles and the R is the optional aluminum turnbuckles.
    I get that it means there is a difference... but how did you know that specific difference? Why doesnt it says 5939 opt instead of the R? Im just trying to get a proper understanding of my options.

thanks for the reply
    ---------------
    Traxxas Slayer Pro 4x4

Because there may be more than just one revision or variation to the same part. The T-Maxx, Revo and Slayer share axle carriers, the difference between the "R" and no R is that the outer bearing is larger.
    When it comes to toe links, the part number means it is the right one, however, one is red aluminum, one is not.
    If you want to know the difference, just put the part number in at BuyTraxxas, Amain, Tower, et al and determine if that is the one that you want.
    The Super Derecho