RC Qualifier

stock 1/16 slash build. stock, but still fun to build from the ground up!

on ebay last week there was a hobby shop auctioning off brand new 1/16 slash parts (chop shop type deal). I wanted to get a truck for my six year old so i started bidding, and low and behold i won all the parts i needed for about 120$. I already had the electronics. overall it was a sweet deal for a brand new 1/16 slash. Even though it's just stock i figured i'd post post the pics. it was my first build from the ground up. The wheels turned out crappy but everything else looks good.

These are the parts i started with. I deglued and taped the brand new rims and tires.

Started with a brand new chassis. The motor looks beat up, but it runs great.

Here's the chassis, pushrods/toelinks, and rockers all fresh out of the dye. I like the way the dye job turned out!

Here's the front coming together.

The front complete, with tranny installed. I should have put my center diff in there while i had it all apart. but didn't realize it till i drove it for the first time.

here's the underside with the skidplates going on.

Front and rear assembled! ready for some electronics!

Electronics installed. Ready for some bumpers!

All done!

The only thing i'm not happy with is the wheel's i tried to dye them while i had everything apart, but it didn't work so well. Then when i drove it the first time, some residual water in the foam from when i boiled the tires came out and ran the glue all over the tires! lol I figured the glue was plenty dry. Guess i was wrong! So now i'm gonna find a cooler wheel tire combo and slap em on this baby! For the record, i boiled the wheels and tires to get the tires off, and had no luck. I ended up baking them and it worked like a charm! i'm still waiting on my jconcepts body in the mail. I'll ad a pic when i get it all painted. This will be the third body i've painted and since i paint real cars for a living, i'm gonna try to knock this one out of the park! Hope you guys like my little build, i know i sure did!!!
    addicted much....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice lil build you got there!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks 50.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Looks great.