Thread: Wheel Hexs....

Wheel Hexs....

Well. guess I need to buy new wheel hexs, I just striped out a stock one. I've heard that the stock 17mm hexs can get play in them over time, when I get my new ones (If I buy Traxxas ones) what is the best way to PREVENT slop from forming? I've seen you can the bass tube you can put over the threads, and the HPI hex's you can buy. I don't like the HPI ones, I'd just like to get some hexs that would work with modding the hex or rims. I've also seen the HPP German ones, but those cost too much for me. I just plan on buying the stock Traxxas 17mm hexs. (In green!) Funny, just yesterday, 50Togo said I should get the green wheels hexs.
    Looks nice!
    Gotta love that green!
    Blue looks nice but you need these! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-5353...item1c2d13c6ff
    Guess I now have good excuse to get them!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Well. guess I need to buy new wheel hexs, I just striped out a stock one. I've heard that the stock 17mm hexs can get play in them over time, when I get my new ones (If I buy Traxxas ones) what is the best way to PREVENT slop from forming? I've seen you can the bass tube you can put over the threads, and the HPI hex's you can buy. I don't like the HPI ones, I'd just like to get some hexs that would work with modding the hex or rims. I've also seen the HPP German ones, but those cost too much for me. I just plan on buying the stock Traxxas 17mm hexs. (In green!) Funny, just yesterday, 50Togo said I should get the green wheels hexs.

Guess I now have good excuse to get them!
    How did you strip it out?? Cross-threading or ???

How did you strip it out??
    Long story. I was trying to get the hex back on, and it wasn't fitting. So I started "tapping" on it, and it onlt went half way on. I tried to get it off, but it wouldn't budge. I had to PRY it off, and it ruined the bore on the inside, put a bunch of dents in it, and runined the threads in the screw hole. So, now I need to buy some new ones, and a new axle end.

Gotta love learning the hard way!!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-26-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Things happen................