Thread: Merv Bashers

RC Qualifier

Merv Bashers

Hey guys, I have a Mini Grave digger and soon, I'm going to get a 3800 kv 1410 sidewinder and i wanna know ''what parts do i need to get right off the back. With this kind of power. I already shimmed my diffs i have all plastic ... Half shafts I plan on taking it really easy like 10 SECONDS to get to full throttle. I wont be Guning it right off the start or do ANY Standing back flips well maybe a couple but Another thing is i know... Do i need a powerful battery.. Would nimh work and i am making a custom body. like roll cage type and putting a 10 scale Battery.. so no more 1/16 scale battery just the big boys .. so what is the power i need like a 5000 nimh mah battery good and a 5000 or 3000 2s lipo 25 c good or do i need more power just wonder... Thanks

RC Champion
    where would you fit a bigger battery than 2500mah
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Stick with max 4600 castle as in 4600 or 5700. The 3800 draws too much power and our little batteries wont handle it!

RC Qualifier
    ^^^^agreed. with the batteries not being able to supply the power needed it'll be really slow also.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Tomorrow i am going to a guy we are going to make a fram from alluminun and the allumin going to look like this === from one body post to the other and then we are going to make.. like a box for the battery to sit in so that i can close it and going to beef it up it is strong enough... i already did the prototype with Card board and my stock system and worked awsome even for Cardboard i got about 50min with a 3800 battery and nothing happen nuthin was hot so going to do the same thing make sure i keep it low so it wont be top heavy the protype wasnt but everything should work out i was thinking tho like 2s 5000 mah i can make it how ever Big i need it.. i might make it 2 battery fit in their and use parellel so i can use 2 2500 spc 2s lipo 25 in parellel or i can just put them in the side but watever it should be getting enough power... Trust it will work i just need know what battery discharge i need 25 30 40 50 thaxs and thank you for the info i will be doing the frame tomorrow hopefully i can get some pics

RC Champion
    you could do dual 2500mah batteries if you want longer run times

RC Qualifier
    True and i am but thats a waste when you have some 5000 2s siten around not being used.. so i came up with this and cann no one tell me about the motor haha is it okay or bad i would love to put that in their i have my eye on it for like 5 months now couldnt get becuz i go to my lhs then i am like ohh i always wanted that and i come out with another Rc Truck then i am like Crapppp..... and revoman i plan on doing tht still and getting more batteyies for more runtime tho... thxs for the feedback

RC Champion
    could you post a pic of your system for holding the bigger batteries?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Two 2500 spc will not power that either. You need atleast one 5000 50c to.power it

RC Qualifier
    okay so that 2500 25c in seris would work great right

RC Qualifier
    okay so that 2500 25c in series would work great right

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not for the 3800 you need bigger batteries the spc 2500 50c wont cut it

RC Qualifier
    Aww man your putting my hopes down... so what motor 10 scale would you recomende for it the 4600kv or the 5700kv mmp remeber its still for a 1/16 but i want to be able to take it out and put it in my 1/10 scale Truck thats why i think i might go for the 4600 kv motor i dont know yet

RC Qualifier
    http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cms36-4600.html
    http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cms36-5700.html

which would be better the 5700 for the merv i am going for some speed and alot of torque not too much tho
    Last edited by RC-nightmare; 12-27-2012 at 12:31 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Either will work great. 4600 has more torque and the 5700 more top end but you could probably gear the 4600 to make up the difference

RC Qualifier
    How do you upload pictures here i am a noob

(RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Qualifier
    Their You go revoman78 now i can fit bigger batteries and every thing is nice and sturdy

RC Champion
    well you will get some good run times, looks pretty sturdy but won't it be a little top heavy? good job for thinking out side the box

RC Qualifier
    Yea.. i will get Awsome Run time but yes it will be alittle top heavy so what i will do is get my Tires for my 1/10 scale truck with alittle more width and put them on they fit well and since they are taller it doesnt bottom out and i can pretty much make the car sagg as much now it is pretty much car is sorta sitting down between the tires if that makes sense so its way below where is suppose to be but doesnt hit the ground i drove it with my brushed and i didnt flip over at all if i drive carefull but yea all is well

RC Champion
    get some really heavy summit springs, and some offset wheels to make it wider