Thread: Lipos in snow

RC poster

Lipos in snow

All the electronics on my slash are waterproof, and its snowing pretty good here in PA, but are batteries waterproof? I would really hate to lose a battery trying to entertain myself out in the snow.

RC Competitor
    They say not to get the LiPos wet but it's snowing here in Jersey as well and just took my soft pack lipos out and had some fun with my rustler and summit. Everything seemed fine to me no puffiness or anything. If you want just throw them in a sandwich bag and tape it up. Make sure the balancing cable is covered in the bag and get electrical tape and tape the trx connectors so no water gets in between the male and female plugs.

RC Champion
    Water an lipos don't mix . Like TheNitroGuy said make sure they're are sealed up real tight. I would use Nimh batteries for snow if you hv them .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Competitor
    I run my stampede in the snow, water and mud with 2s & 3s batteries. Never had a problem yet

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeorood View Post
    I run my stampede in the snow, water and mud with 2s & 3s batteries. Never had a problem yet
    It well happen then let us no when it does . Warning on the lipo packs . DON'T GET WET . Just a thought .
    1 Rusty VXL

Quote Originally Posted by mikeorood View Post
    That is very close to saying that you walk across roads with your eyes covered and your ears plugged and nothing bad has happened yet. It probably could work in a town of less than 3000 souls, but I wouldn't chance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christofu2266 View Post
    All the electronics on my slash are waterproof, and its snowing pretty good here in PA, but are batteries waterproof? I would really hate to lose a battery trying to entertain myself out in the snow.
    It's not so much the loss of the battery but the potential loss of other property, real estate, health, and life that concerns most of the people here.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    we have total of 8 lipos soft pack (2s & 3s) from (team great hobbies) and we keep bashing in snow last 3 weeks, and never had problems so far... i had hard case venom 2s on my slash 4x4 and went in salt water & beach and that batt lasted 2 years!
    ERBE
    SLASH 4X4