Thread: Upgrade ???

RC Enthusiast

Upgrade ???

Well I'm getting a used Merv on the 7th of January and want to get a couple of upgrades or commonly broken parts as I might be going to a hobby shop today any ideas ?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    RPM A-ARms, New knuckles, Tons of bulkheads. Maybe new servo too.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Get some 7028x steel hollow balls tighten up some slop. Maybe some 7059

RC Enthusiast
    Okay can someone tell me about the BB kits I see every once and a while and why something this small needs a motor that big and how does the tranny hold it ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Trans holds up pretty good but you will loose your handling

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lil red s-10 View Post
    Okay can someone tell me about the BB kits I see every once and a while and why something this small needs a motor that big and how does the tranny hold it ?

The transmission holds up fine to the BB power as long as your slipper is adjusted proplery. I personally would rather have something slightly over-powered so that nothing has to work hard to go fast and have tons of power, rather than over-working the stock electronics. The BB trucks handle a little differently since they are a bit more top heavy but a little suspension work can take care of most of it, also adding offset rims to widen the stance will give you better handling.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When I got my bb merv running first few test drives I rolled it 3 times turning slower than I do with my small block merv and that's with stiff springs and hpi rims with a wide offset. So yes it makes a big difference in handling

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    When I got my bb merv running first few test drives I rolled it 3 times turning slower than I do with my small block merv and that's with stiff springs and hpi rims with a wide offset. So yes it makes a big difference in handling
    Right, but stiffening the suspension and adding the offset rims made it better than it would have been without them, correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 or SG3
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC Enthusiast
    Bump

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can always think of a good question instead of bumping!

RC Champion
    offset rims help keep your car from flipping over so much
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I only run on offset rims! Even my big revo and e maxx!