RC Enthusiast

Whats a used merv worth?

Im thinking I might sell mine because I want a bigger one. Im not sure if this is the right place to ask. It's pretty much stock. Except the springs and shock oil. And the connectors are deans. 27mhz radio.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Brushed or brushless? How old? Any major damage? Just a tip, if the body looks awful, getting a new one can get you more money. If you have a nicer car more people want to buy it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    27mhz suggest brushed, as 27mhz and brushless do not play well together.

Since a new one can be bought for about $200 shipped... it would have to be in pristine condition to get $150 shipped; possibly even less due to the Deans connectors. I have nothing against them, but for warranty issues (Traxxas has a lifetime warranty program for electronics) they would need to be switched back to stock Traxxas.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

When I bought my Merv back in 09 it came with 27am from tower hobbies. 287 shipped new. I still use the old radio in it though I have a new RX to use just need the tax for it. Best to part it out sometimes parts make up more than whole price does.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    I picked up a month old 1/16 slash vxl with 2.4ghz. Had steel shafts ($50) and some extra parts. Body was a little scratched up, but I don't care. I paid $100... It all depends on what someone is willing to pay, and how fast you want to sell it.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes it's brushless. Less than a year old. Have original box. The body is scratched up. But I'm getting a new body. Chassis and turn bulkes are dyed black. Has all original tools and stuff. Even warranty papers.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SYN'Z-E-revo View Post
    Yes it's brushless. Less than a year old. Have original box. The body is scratched up. But I'm getting a new body. Chassis and turn bulkes are dyed black. Has all original tools and stuff. Even warranty papers.
    The best way to tell is to do an ebay search of completed auctions. It's usually 65% of new cost give or take a few bucks unless its rreally trashed.