RC Qualifier

mixing digital and analog servos

can i use analog and digital servos together my digital throttle servo puked on me and all i have is a analog servo and dont wanna buy a new if i dont have to
    men drive nitro

It won't hurt mixing the two types.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    so a digital signal is all that digital radio will put out and the servo just decodes it to digital and anolog
    men drive nitro

I'd use the analog on the throttle and brake only....

One thing I highly recommend whenever you change out electronics,,, "Field Test your Electronics before you run them"....

Make sure your analog servo does not overpull on the throttle (linkage adjustments, oh the fun ).....

Had an analog and digital servo only as a backup... These days I'm hearing a lot of good things about Savox Digital servos,,, they are a lot cheaper than Hitec or JR and still you can get metal geared dual ball bearing servos with a lot of torque for your steering then put your current goo digital servo on your throttle and brake... That's what I did at first as I upgraded.... Then again look at my sig...
    A good quality servo gives you a lot of control, it responds much more positively.. I use Hitec 5995TG's on my rigs... Bought them a few years ago and still running strong... OK I bought a rebuild kit for them... Not waterproof though...

Just something to consider... NN
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Ztater View Post
    so a digital signal is all that digital radio will put out and the servo just decodes it to digital and anolog
    You can run analog servos with a digital radio, but digital servos require a digital radio.

NN is correct on the avalbility of lower cost digital servos now, if you have to use an older analog servo, be sure to set the end points on your radio.

And always when in doubt, range test your radio gear!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!