Thread: New build

Hybrid View

RC Racer

New build

I got some new bodies for christmas and some new streetfighters so I am going to turn my slash into a street slash. I got the new Parma 55 Belair body and the new proline 2500 silverado body. I am hopefully going to start paint and gluing up the tires this weekend after I get some paint and rims. I also got some new rpm stuff to put on it as well. I am painting the belair yellow with a white top, and the silverado I am painting a silverish grey to match my 1:1. Hopefully they come out cool.
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Racer
    Also I have never mounted tires before and wanted to double check on taping the tires. You just use double side tape on the inside of the actual tire and the other side of the tape secures the foam right?

Quote Originally Posted by thatsmrjptou View Post
    Also I have never mounted tires before and wanted to double check on taping the tires. You just use double side tape on the inside of the actual tire and the other side of the tape secures the foam right?
    I don't actually know..
    But if your using 2s lipo don't worry about taping them
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Good luck man, looking forward to seeing the results! Make sure to post some photos when you are done painting them.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Competitor
    I guess that the Streetfighters come with a closed cell inserts, I shouldnot glue them. Just put them in and let it settle. Further get the running height as low as possible because the Proline Streetfighters got a lot off grip and the car will flip in fast corners
    Slash 2WD lcg Chuckworks & 4WD lcg Traxxas
    Summit

RC Racer
    My younger brother also just got a 1/16th Boss 302 Mustang for christmas and I know Mcallister racing makes a 55 belair body as well so I might be making a a mini one too if mine comes out cool.

RC Enthusiast
    Before u mount the tires take them and flip them inside out and run duct take along the center all they way around it will help the ballooning of the tires

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]

Well I finished the Bel-Air body and I think it came out pretty good. I have not mounted it yet because I am still waiting on the new mounts from Proline so that it will fit right, which is my biggest complaint about this body. They dont really say anywhere that you need to use the proline mounts but you will if you want to make it look right. I also may have to cut out some more from the trunk and the grill because currently the body is sitting on the bumpers and is about a 1/4" away from even touching the body posts. The other thing I don't like about this body is the overall quality. It has a lot of waves and small imperfections in it. I know other brands have these same imperfections but there seemed to be a lot more with the Parma one. It is also alot thinner than a Proline or J-Conepts body. It is however the coolest looking body for the slash I think.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that this body is really wide and does not even come close to touching the nerf bars on the side.
    Last edited by thatsmrjptou; 12-31-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Your work is excellent,Detail perfect! you have a real talent.
    most anyone can paint a nice model.But you sir,have created a work of art!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmrjptou View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Well I finished the Bel-Air body and I think it came out pretty good. I have not mounted it yet because I am still waiting on the new mounts from Proline so that it will fit right, which is my biggest complaint about this body. They dont really say anywhere that you need to use the proline mounts but you will if you want to make it look right. I also may have to cut out some more from the trunk and the grill because currently the body is sitting on the bumpers and is about a 1/4" away from even touching the body posts. The other thing I don't like about this body is the overall quality. It has a lot of waves and small imperfections in it. I know other brands have these same imperfections but there seemed to be a lot more with the Parma one. It is also alot thinner than a Proline or J-Conepts body. It is however the coolest looking body for the slash I think.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that this body is really wide and does not even come close to touching the nerf bars on the side.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Your work is excellent,Detail perfect! you have a real talent.
    most anyone can paint a nice model.But you sir,have created a work of art!
    Thanks for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    Haha the last one looks like a taxi to me
    I thought it looked like that two before I put the white on and took the overspray wrapper off and saw the pearl shinning.

RC Racer
    The paint has pearl in it but you can not see it in these picture but it makes it look way cool in person.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Man, that's pretty cool. Reminds me of the very early stock cars. I think I may end up getting street tires for my slash, too. Since I moved almost all of my bashing is on the street. I'm more partial to the 14RS or new Focus body.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Racer
    I have the 14RS body its nice but a top little heavy. I am working on the new 2500 silverado body next. I still need to lower this one with the new body mounts and hopefully I am going to pick up an lcg chassis here soon and that should help a ton on the street.

That reminds me of the demo derby mini game cars from gta san andreas...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    That reminds me of the demo derby mini game cars from gta san andreas...
    Ha I know exactly what your talking about. I am hoping it looks a little nicer after I lower it and actually mount it. I was gona take the bumpers off it but I wanted to keep from destroying it.

Thats not my dads, just googled for a pic of a 55...^^^

I think rc4wd makes a solid axle slash conversion... Would be a really cool project!
    Last edited by rag6; 12-31-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Yeah, I love that look. Was just thinking that some wide 2.2" tires in back, and some skinny 2.2 buggy rims up front with a jato wide mod to get the tires out into the wheel wells... Like my dads old 57' I had seen pics of. Hot rod baby...

RC Racer
    That would be sweet my dad had a yellow 57' and thats why I decided to paint mine yellow. I wonder if the front tries from the traxxas dragster would fit up front and the slicks in the back. I need to get the wheelie bar for the RPM bumper to give it the full dragster look.

Edit; Or mabe Bandit wheels up front because the ones on the dragster are tiny.
    Last edited by thatsmrjptou; 12-31-2012 at 02:20 PM.

The slicks will bolt up with a 17mm adaptor, but will prob be way too tall...

RC Qualifier
    Haha the last one looks like a taxi to me