Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: eslayer gearing

  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4

    eslayer gearing

    Hey forums, Im new here and had a couple questions to start off with. I have a eslayer i have just finished converting with a tekno kit and was wondering what gearing would be best for bashing? Conditions are grass,dirt,gravel and street.

    Electronics:

    4 pole 2100kv
    ********* 120amp esc
    4s polyquest 20/40c lipo.

    Spurs I currently have are 34t, 36t, and 40t

    Need to know a good combo for bashing.

    Thanks! Merry Christmas Everyone!








    There are banned name brands here in the forum and have been added to the language filter. Remove those names and brands that have been replaced by a *.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-26-2012 at 12:12 PM.

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,629
    38t/16t great for grass and dirt. speed runs 34t/20t. Q's...what material is your 34t spur? plastic or hardened steel?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  3. #3
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    38t/16t great for grass and dirt. speed runs 34t/20t. Q's...what material is your 34t spur? plastic or hardened steel?
    34t is hardened steel.

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by slayde View Post
    34t is hardened steel.
    i'm asking cuase i have one also from HR hardened steel, i dont have problem running them cause i paired it with hardened pinion ...but i kinda like to get the plastic spur .....but i dont have luck finding it.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'm asking cuase i have one also from HR hardened steel, i dont have problem running them cause i paired it with hardened pinion ...but i kinda like to get the plastic spur .....but i dont have luck finding it.
    i was thinking maybe 36/17 would be a good combo. what do you think?

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,629
    you can give it a try, you can always gear down if you suspected heat issue.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    you can give it a try, you can always gear down if you suspected heat issue.
    alright thanks. i just wanted to make sure i had a good combo cause mod 1 pinions arent cheap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •