Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Money pit View Post
    Alright Craig, will do. Btw, what gearing are you using since I will be losing some speed with these diffs? The best I have is 21/58, but can pick up anything at the lhs.
    That's what I am running...21/58, thinking off changing that to 21/56 for a while...my temps with 21/58 stay around 66C/150F.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am double thinking aluminum bulkheads at least up front After all this work I don't want to be having problems anytime soon!

RC Racer
    I have been considering the aluminum bulkhead up front also. I just wonder how hard it would be fit in the lst2.
    I'm building pinewood derby cars this week with my cub scouts.
    If its not breaken then your not racing.

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone know what size shims are needed for the spider gears? The hobbyshop that said it would be there the day after is now saying that it will be another week until they might come in. I would like to be running tomorrow, but I need those shims.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Qualifier
    I was just looking at my instructions for the HD cup and they do not include the shims for the sppider gears???

Do I still need them though?

RC Competitor
    I just did the exact mod as this, lst2, ti gears, hd cups. The hd cups come with the shims between the gear and metal plate. I made up the diff blocks and glued them into the bulkheads. Also made them a bit high so when the chassis meets the bulkhead
    it pushes on the diff blocks holding down the diff.

I joined the forum because I see you asked dan for center dog bones. I haven't gotten mine yet either. I bought them the 21st of decemeber with a 2 week time frame. Emailed him the the 5th with no response yet.

RC Racer
    I have an order for the same stuff as you with Dan Kershaw. His supplier is the hold up at the moment. Just give him some more time no big deal. Dan is on them so be patient.

RC Competitor
    It's not a big deal, If its 1 week 2 week..etc who cares. There is foot of snow where I'm at anyways. Just a simple response to my email would be more then enough.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by racerkilla View Post
    I just did the exact mod as this, lst2, ti gears, hd cups. The hd cups come with the shims between the gear and metal plate. I made up the diff blocks and glued them into the bulkheads. Also made them a bit high so when the chassis meets the bulkhead
    it pushes on the diff blocks holding down the diff.

I joined the forum because I see you asked dan for center dog bones. I haven't gotten mine yet either. I bought them the 21st of decemeber with a 2 week time frame. Emailed him the the 5th with no response yet.
    He sent them 2 days ago, yours should have shipped too. Send him another email. So what your saying is that I don't need the shims? Are we talking about the bevel (larger gear) or the smaller spider gears that have the shims built in?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When.I shimmed mine it took some play out of the pinion. Needed less shims
    with the shims there will be less wear. Without it would be the spider gears against aluminum

RC Competitor
    Only shims I used was the 4 shims under the spider gears against the plates. The large bevel gear was o ring/crosspin/bevel gear with no shims. Mine work very smooth with no binding. How do those hot racing cups look like they will hold up? If i manage to break these hd plastic cups that will be the next step

RC Qualifier
    Ok, thanks a lot guys. Picking up a boatload of shims from my favorable hobbyshop, especially since the guy I know is back working again I will post how far I have come after I get back from my neighbor's dinner.
    Last edited by Money pit; 01-11-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: I'm stupid.

RC Qualifier
    No progress yet because they only had 8mm shims. I believe the ones for the spiders are 3 mm but will confirm that possibly tomorrow. I did get a 4x2x1 project box to replace the stock receiver box and have usable space inside of it. I'll post how that goes tomorrow when it is warmer, my vise is 37 degrees and I am a life long So Cal boy that can't take the cold.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I can't measure mine. I have the diffs assembled but they do have a small id and the od is the same diameter of the spider gear. The larger side gears have a larger od. Both are pretty thin

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I can't measure mine. I have the diffs assembled but they do have a small id and the od is the same diameter of the spider gear. The larger side gears have a larger od. Both are pretty thin
    Thanks Dave, I'll find those shims and hopefully driving later today

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Money pit View Post
    Thanks Dave, I'll find those shims and hopefully driving later today
    Nope, still no show on the dogbones. Snail mail is taking twice as long as it is supposed to and I still need to wait for this hobbyshop to get the bevel gears so I ca use those shims. I can't find anything as a substitute.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe buy the whole spider gear kit and the shims a3501 for the big gears http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310563160673
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-12-2013 at 11:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe buy the whole spider gear kit and the shims a3501 for the big gears http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310563160673
    I'm giving them until tomorrow to get them, otherwise I will be getting those. Thanks for the link

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey davis I have a question. Are you using the stock chassis and traxxas cvds? and if so why do you need a shorter cvd mine fits fine

RC Competitor
    I think the earlier kershaw dogbone was to long because the lst diff is longer. I hope/think kershaw will provide a shorter front dogbone when you ask him for a revo lst diff kit.

50togo, I see you diff seems to sit up a little high in your bulkhead. If you make diff blocks it will hold it down making the diff line up perfect with the bulkhead hole.

RC Qualifier
    Hey davis I have a question. Are you using the stock chassis and traxxas cvds? and if so why do you need a shorter cvd mine fits fine
    Stock chasis but using the Kershaw dogbone. If you ask for 8mm bore cups for the diffs and the shorter front shaft it will fit, but the original from Kershaw does not fit. On a side note, are you driving now?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No I am not running that bulkhead good to know racer! Just put it in to see if the cvd wasnt too long
    I have an aluminum bulkhead coming in Tuesday. All of craig's broken bulkheads got to me
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-13-2013 at 07:58 PM.

RC Competitor
    No I'm not running mine yet, No center axles yet. Been running my rc8be instead.

What aluminum bulkheads you go with. I don't really beat/bash my revo that hard so hope stock hold up. I have my buggy to bash

RC Qualifier
    Good luck Dave, how are you going to cut them? Racekilla, are you going with the Kershaw center dog bone kit as well?

RC Competitor
    Yea, I'm waiting on the Kershaw dog bone kit. Ordered it dec 21. Emailed him on the 5th and a few days ago with no response. I see you said he shipped yours out, hoping to get mine as well. Living in New York I should get mine before you get yours in Ca..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The only one I could find integy they look pretty good. Either of my bits will do aluminum but will need to really take my time!

RC Qualifier
    Yea, I'm waiting on the Kershaw dog bone kit. Ordered it dec 21. Emailed him on the 5th and a few days ago with no response. I see you said he shipped yours out, hoping to get mine as well. Living in New York I should get mine before you get yours in Ca..
    I don't know, he sent it via first class mail. I wish he would have sent it with at least a tracking number because I am beginning to think that it was lost. If it doesn't get here tomorrow I am going to file a paypal insurance form.

RC Competitor
    I wish I could just get an email back... If he shipped it first class might take a bit. I ordered a part from flordia and it took like 12-13 days I think. It took like 4 days just to make it through the state of flordia. I always ship stuff priority. I will let you know how I make out as well. He is in Pa, I'm in Ny, maybe get it first.
    Last edited by racerkilla; 01-13-2013 at 09:20 PM.

edit the *'s,
    never fails you want something ASAP & it's snail mail......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    No sign of dogbones on my end of the country unless its the one my dog is chewing on.

I know when I bought from Kershaw last year for my Summit it took ages to get here...I think I waited close to 5 weeks for my stuff to arrive.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    I know when I bought from Kershaw last year for my Summit it took ages to get here...I think I waited close to 5 weeks for my stuff to arrive.
    That's rough, I can't imagine waiting that long.

RC Competitor
    Will be a month for me the 21st...o well. Would of went different route if i would have known

RC Qualifier
    Will be a month for me the 21st...o well. Would of went different route if i would have known
    One month for me on the 17th, but where are you seeing that he is in Pa? His contact info is Aurora Colorado.
    Last edited by Money pit; 01-14-2013 at 05:44 PM.

RC Competitor
    My bad, I could swear I saw Pa somewhere. It has been a long few weeks at work (shakes head).

Could of went with traxxas cvd with losi cup/2 washer and been done.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, Kershaw order is cancelled. Turns out that he never sent it, and needs another week to even get the front dogbone, but I got a notice that he shipped it. Horrible communication between us so that is done. I just ordered the center shaft and will use the washers between it and the coupler to use it. Also have complete set of RPM arms, not true track yet and front bumper. The hobbyshop still has not gotten the shims, so I just bought the one's from Dave on ebay. Hoped to be driving two weeks ago and now I won't for another week.
    Last edited by Money pit; 01-15-2013 at 07:52 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's terrible ! i hate when that happens davis
    the washer mod went smooth make sure you get the right size heat shrink tubing and you will be set

i looked the last time i drove mine was on new years day

RC Competitor
    Just got an email actually saying the hobbyshop missed the dogbone and would be about another week. Kind of torn on going route you went or stick it out

RC Racer
    Well I am going to wait for my Kershaw dog bone. No hurry over here.

RC Qualifier
    I am not sure what is going on anymore... I sent him (Dan at Kershaw designs) payment a month ago via paypal, but now paypal has no record of him even sending the money request, which I have an email with him saying that he did. This whole thing has gone wrong, first it was supposed to be 2 weeks, then it was the communication, then he had stamps.com send me a notice that he sent me a package which he never sent, then he finally told me a week after he said that he was going to pick it up and ship the kit that it would be another week until they should get it in because they "missed" ordering it, and now I can't even say that I have paid him!!! I have emails, but paypal has screwed up. It is almost like this truck doesn't want to go back together. This is just the icing on the cake for the rest of the stuff that I am dealing with now, so I am very frustrated with this.