Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    Its coming together now mate ...nice!!
    Thanks Craig, I have been itching to do something with it. I hate to have everything just sitting there. I always have a few projects that I am working on and now I have nothing. This is one nice (and expensive) way to pass the time.

I also just saw that my thread kicked over to page 2! I thought this would get maybe 2 or 3 replies. I don't think you have to worry about me catching up to you yet, Craig
    Last edited by Money pit; 01-01-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Keep posting and updating with useful info in your thread and you may just overtake me . Get some vids too of your truck running with the Losi mod so others who want to do it can see your beast in action .

Keep up the good work mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I fit everything onto the front end of the truck and it fits brilliantly, for now. I am just waiting on my kershaw dogbone kit and the charger will be here soon. The wires for the lights have been run, I just need my soldering station and wires to get here to complete that part. Once that order gets here I will just need the dogbone to complete the beast! I hope to be driving soon, in preperation, I put on a 58 tooth spur and 21 pinion because it is about 30 degrees cooler than the last time I ran it so I can afford the extra heat output now. I got bored (this happens A LOT) and put on "tow hooks" on the summit bumper to give it a little more rugged look. I'm not sure about the center one yet, but I will paint the gold master link. Here's some pictures of what's done so far. The leds are aimed at different heights so that I can see near and far, kind of like a high and low beam.

I use "IRfanview" to convert my images from RAW to Jpeg to post on photobucket if anyone is having problems with that.
    Last edited by Money pit; 01-02-2013 at 01:44 AM.

RC Qualifier
    10 image limt........ The summit shafts fixed the problems with the shafts fitting. TO anyone doing this: you CAN NOT use the stock shafts, they do not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Money pit View Post
    You may want to drop hot glue or silicone in there to fill up the gap...I use hot glue...its easy to remove. I was going to mention this when I tore my truck down again. In my experience the front bulk is the weakness in the Losi mod.

These pics are from my Summit build thread.

IDK if it works...but I do it anyway...thinking out loud .

EDIT: This fills up the bottom void of the bulkhead with the Losi mod.
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 01-02-2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    You may want to drop hot glue or silicone in there to fill up the gap...I use hot glue...its easy to remove. I was going to mention this when I tore my truck down again. In my experience the front bulk is the weakness in the Losi mod.

These pics are from my Summit build thread.

IDK if it works...but I do it anyway...thinking out loud .

EDIT: This fills up the bottom void of the bulkhead with the Losi mod.
    HAHA, I just saw that on your summit build page. I have the hot glue gun out, maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks for that though

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Figured why not! Had to go out for some more hot glue sticks!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    figured why not! Had to go out for some more hot glue sticks!
    at 3 am????

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No! Up.with neck pain! I saw craig had used hot glue but.my.daughter only had half.a stick so we had to pick some up
    Plus its windy here knocken everything over. Why are you up?

RC Qualifier
    No! Up.with neck pain! I saw craig had used hot glue but.my.daughter only had half.a stick so we had to pick some up
    Ha, I'm up with insomnia, and shoulder pain. It's way to cold to go outside with me being a life long San Diego boy, I don't handle the cold too well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Telling me I wear shorts year round and this winter has been cold! Bashing yesterday at 11am had to wear a jacket!

You would love Brisbane then...21H30 here and 28C still...gonna be a stinker of a summer. Last week and a bit been an average of 36C with about 80% humidity .

Winters aren't cold here either.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    You would love Brisbane then...21H30 here and 28C still...gonna be a stinker of a summer. Last week and a bit been an average of 36C with about 80% humidity .

Winters aren't cold here either.
    I just had to convert that with my phone. That is a little warm, Around here it is usually 80f, it is currently 27 at my pool equipment. Electric bill should be fun, because the pool is protecting itself from freezing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Even where I am north of LA its usually nice year round but either has been raining or cold last few weeks!

RC Qualifier
    Even where I am north of LA its usually nice year round but either has been raining or cold last few weeks!
    At least we don't have to worry about the fires for a while, and I shouldn't have to fill the pool for at least a month The rain has really been a drag with rc and motorcycles. The Harley has been sitting for 2.5 months without any riding, that is too long.

For 3 months of the year Brisbane's weather is a bit extreme like now but the rest of the year beautiful...can still swim in the Pacific ocean in winter .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    finally nice weather and my revo is down!

RC Qualifier
    Nothing to add yet, but I think tracking numbers are getting to be useless now. One of my packages has been "Departed - Lenexa, KS, United States, Thursday, 12/27/2012" the whole time, nothing new, nothing changed. Usps is faster than ups right now! When did that happen???

RC Qualifier
    For 3 months of the year Brisbane's weather is a bit extreme like now but the rest of the year beautiful...can still swim in the Pacific ocean in winter .
    LUCKY!!! My pool is 52 degrees right now... anyway, where do the bulkheads usually break? by the pinion of the diff or???

Usps is faster than ups right now! When did that happen???

USPS moves mail seven days a week.... that is why Mondays are big mail days......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Tracking info was updated, it will get here tomorrow, so I can finish the diffs, and I will solder the lights into channels 3 and 4 with my switches. Dan from Kershaw designs is out of office for a few days, so the original projection of 2 weeks could turn into 4. I really wanted to drive this weekend, but I don't think that will happen.

RC Racer
    Money pit you and I are waiting on the same thing. That front Dog bone. I still have my car running at the moment. I plan to run some tomorrow. I figure so long I don't punch it to much and prevent the wheelies the stock differentials will last a bit longer. I like the lights on yours. My wife said she wants lights on her car now. So here I go with the lights install on her E-REVO.
    I think I will just use an external battery and switch.

Here you go mate...

Its broken in the same place each time for me...see the crack through the bulkhead where the diff would rest.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    hmmm, did you take a lot out material out in that spot? I didn't really take any, I don't think.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Anyone try aluminum bulkheads? Only thing that helps on the merv

RC Qualifier
    A bit expensive and takes a lot of skill to mill that well, and aluminum bends and is heavy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Made my 1112 1/y bulletproof on my merv. I think it would help

RC Qualifier
    I'll see how well the bulkheads hold up as they are, if they are really that bad I may look into aluminum at some point.

Crashproff tried...you may need to PM him to find out. Here's his thread:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...inum-bulkheads!
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by Money pit View Post
    hmmm, did you take a lot out material out in that spot? I didn't really take any, I don't think.
    Nah, not there mate...its the way the diff sits in the bulk I suppose.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Nah, not there mate...its the way the diff sits in the bulk I suppose.
    Hmm, must be, I'll see if mine have issues in the same spot.

I only have issues with the front one...
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I only have issues with the front one...
    Bad landings? Hit something a little to hard maybe...

RC Qualifier
    Stuff finally arrived and it is back together except for the center driveline (still no response from Kershaw, he is away atm) Lights are soldered and done. WOW are they much brighter than stocks. I have the four stock positions wired into the channel 3 servo switch, and the 6 lower "rack" lights are wired into the channel 4 or 5, I don't remember. I wish there was more room on the chasis to put stuff like an extra receiver box and switches and fans. I currently have an extra receiver box containing channel 3 switch and my bec zip tied on the lid for cooling on the spare motor hole of the dual plate. Those 3mm locknuts really come in handy Charger and power supplies should be here tomorrow, but I need to get some 12 volt switches two control the fan on the "leafblower" power supplies. I need to make sure the wiring to my cave is adequate to power these, or I can just take some of the power from the pool box. I hot glued the diffs into place, so we will see how that goes during the bashing. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow, but it is coming together. I really hoped to be driving a long time ago, but I will love it that much more when it finally happens.

RC Champion
    LOL at you So Cal twinkies!
    Drops to 70F and you are all wearing parkas!
    The warmest it has been here over the last week was 35F and yes thats the high for the day, nights dropping to mid 20s.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's because we are used to weather that allows me to wear shorts and a t shirt almost year round!

RC Qualifier
    That's because we are used to weather that allows me to wear shorts and a t shirt almost year round!
    Got that right!

Ok, so the power supplies NEED a grill over the fan. My middle finger will testify to that. Sorry if I make spelling mistakes, I am not used to typing without my middle finger. I'll come back to this.

Powers upplies and charger showed up at my front door and I immediately went to working on them. The charger is great, and I may get another if I can find a job around here, or the more powerful 206b. The power supplies are wired and currently have the fans slowed down all the time. I need to go to an electronics store to get some swithces that are small enough for the job. (40 amps is the only thing that radioshack had) I'll get a fan grill or two while I'm at it. I put two sets of 4mm bullets on each supply in case someone else wants to bum some power. These supplies are not voltage modifiable as fan as I can tell, so they are putting out 11.85 volts consistently. My family mainly works for ATT so I got two server power cords out of the server room. I am going to use the "unplug it" power switch for the on/off

To speed up charging I am going to series charge my 3 and 2s lipos. I will balance charge them most of the time, and only series charge when I need to charge fast.

Those were weird bullet connectors, the side of them wasn't complete, it dipped down. I do know how to solder, I'm not completely stupid. (just a little bit.)

RC Qualifier
    The easiest way to solder those connectors is to tin the wire (about 3/16" stripped is good) then tin the connector.

Heat the connector until the solder is molten and place the tinned wire into it. Heat both parts until you can add solder to solidify the joint.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    The easiest way to solder those connectors is to tin the wire (about 3/16" stripped is good) then tin the connector.

Heat the connector until the solder is molten and place the tinned wire into it. Heat both parts until you can add solder to solidify the joint.
    That is just about what I normally do, but at the end I like to "finish" it with a clean layer of solder for looks. That one didn't go so well, but underneath is a strong joint.

Anyway, I was wondering how my processor rendered my 720p video faster than 360p of my old camera and i figured out (after uploading to youtube) that it took 3 minutes of a much longer video. Thank you Mr. Sony Vegas troll.

RC Champion
    I get out there quite a bit on business to Costa Mesa. I still find it humorous that I get off the plane at Orange County airport in Jan. wearing shorts and a Tshirt and get funny looks from the locals wearing parkas when there is a Santa Ana wind blowing and its 70F. FWIW Miami is even worse in that aspect. One of the girls that works in the Costa Mesa office came to NYC in late fall to meet some of the customers she talks to on the phone quite a bit, all key accounts. I tried to show her NYC but had trouble getting her out of the hotel room for anything other than absolute necessity. It was like 60F here and she was shivering.