RC Qualifier

tire options? old style rustler rear rims on slash vxl.

Yesterday I built a mini slash. Got all of the parts off one of those online chop shops really cheap. It turned out nice. I'm posting a build thread tomarrow. All stock, but still a fun build. It was my first from the ground up. The only thing I'm not happy with is the wheel/tire combo. So I did some looking around and found a thread on here from 2009, where someone used the old style rear rustler rims. And they look good. So now I just need to figure out some tires to use and was curious what all you expierienced slash vxl guys like. Any suggestions? The guy used these tires http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDX67&P=ML which I like, but figured I'd see if there might be something better out there. I do on and off road, mud, whatever. I guess I'm loooking for a good all around tire with a little more surface area than the stock ones I have. Any imput would be greatly apreciated!!
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Just realized the old thread I was looking at was for the full size slash. De de dee... oh well, gonna put geolanders on those rims then slap em on the full size slash. So ahh.. any ideas for the mini slash as far as wheels and tires?
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    what is the offset on the stock wheels?

RC Qualifier
    That's a good question. I'll do some research and get back.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    so i looked around, and all i could find was that they have a negative offset, it's not much, but i'm not sure exactly how much. i dont mind if the rims and tires stick out a little, as long as they're functional...and look good!
    addicted much....