RC Qualifier

Which is better ?

If I don't have time to store my Lipos at. 3.8volts which would be better 3.2v or 4.2v or are they both equally bad

RC Champion
    I don't understand y one doesn't hv time to store there battery at the right voltage , But putting that aside mine say nothing under 3v but say 3.5vs is best . I store mine at 3.5-3.6v
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    Cell balancing is a way of ensuring a Li-Po pack is safely monitored during the charge process and will help to ensure a safely charged LiPo pack. Balancing is absolutely necessary and required each and every time you charge the battery pack! The balancing connectors (white) are: JST XH3 for 7.4V packs and JST XH4 for 11.1V packs. If using a stand-alone type balancer, always balance the pack DURING charging. Except for attaining proper storage levels, this LiPo battery pack should not be discharged after use. Do not continue to use the pack if an abnormality is detected. If a pack gets wet it can potentially malfunction, do not use a wet pack. If the battery pack is damaged and/or the case begins to expand or swell, discontinue use immediately and properly dispose of the battery pack. If any liquid leaks from the pack, do not touch it.

SPC considers storage to be any time longer than 2 days. When stored this LiPo battery pack should be charged to approximately 60% of its stated label capacity, then placed in a LiPo Sack or similar fire resistant device and stored in a cool dry area. Try to use or cycle the LiPo battery pack at least once per month during long term storage periods.

A LiPo battery pack is VERY sensitive to being over-discharged with the absolute minimum voltage being 3.2 Volts per cell. SPC strongly recommends a Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) setting of 3.4 Volts to 3.5 Volts per cell. Never run the pack down until your RC car is barely moving. Stop driving if you notice the vehicle slowing and/or the motor losing power. Remove the battery from the car and allow it to cool to room temperature before recharging. Stop using the battery pack if it ever reaches temperature exceeding 40C or 140F. Do NOT expose the battery pack to direct sunlight or excessive ambient temperatures such as those experienced inside an enclosed full size car during the summer months. Always disconnect the battery pack from the RC vehicle when done operating the vehicle.