RC Champion

Anyone ever run a MMM/2200 Summit on just 2s Lipo ?

I'm not talking about 2 x 2s making 14.8v... I mean 2 x 2s in parallel making one big 2s lipo ?
    I have 2 5400 2s Lipos and tried them in a new to me summit with a MMM/200 in it. I tried running it today with the two Lipos wired parallel. Well I have to say it was beyond gutless. I was very disappointed. Now I know it was designed for 4-6s but my MMP/2400 in my slash would rip on 2s..
    I'm only wondering if anyone else has tried this, and whether or not I got a dud or am I expecting to much from 7.4volts. ?
    In low it works ok, but in high range it won't even spin on gravel. I checked all the settings with my castle link and set all throttle EPA's and expos.. Gonna try series 2s for 14.8v when I get a series connector.

I

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

It's a pretty heavy truck.13+ pounds
    Needs some juice to make it go

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Slash , 5lbs- little 3 inch tires
    Summit, 13lbs - 7 inch tires

Big difference

Even 3s would need careful gearing
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    As far as I rmember, you need a 3S LiPo to make it work...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    I believe the mamba can run on 2S. Many shortcourse trucks and buggies were using it. But monster trucks are not designed to be light, and the summit is one of the heavier 1/8 non-metal monster trucks riding around. Some guys have driven the summit on 3S using the VXL system but even they were having issues
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    Thanks fellas..
    I was hoping I would have a 10400mah 2s summit..
    I was running 14/68 gearing and its plenty fast for me on top,, just slow on bottom.
    I'll just hook er up 4s and deal with less mAh

RC Qualifier
    You can run the MMM on 2s, but like posted above it is slow. I just tried it myself, I'm geared 14/62, and it is not too bad, if you really want to run 2s, gear up a bit and see what happens, with, 2 2s in parallel, you should have no problems with mah, gear it up and give it a whirl, good luck and Happy Holidays, god bless

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    For me, it wasn't the slow that bothered me, it's the fact that it is totally gutless. I expected way more torque and just less speed.. I made a monster truck out of my slash 4x4 and ran 5.5" tall axial ripsaw tires. Had a MMP/2400 combo and it would wheelie on 2s with just a half throttle pull.. It was slow ( about 20mph) but still massive torque.. Guess I just hoped this would be the same

RC Champion
    Yesterday I tried 4S in my summit. Got my parallel ( EDIT SERIES ) connector and stuck in my 2 5400 50C 2S hardcase lpos.
    Dissapointed !

Fast yes, sluggish getting to top speed though.
    its like is has some sort of lag built in. I mean NO way will it even think of wheelies..

I checked the settings twice with my castle link. Punch is set to 0%.. Tried start power at low medium and high, no difference.
    throttle curves are linear.. It just seems gutless. The motor bearings are smooth and tight, and to spin by hand feels like the magnets are strong. It has that definite click click click like my 2400 castle motor did, only stronger I feel. Ill have to see if I can find a fell with a MMM/2200 combo in a rig that we can switch and swap to trouble shoot.

I put the stock system back in ( it came with a stock system in a parts bag.. Stock system has gobs of torque..
    Last edited by madkawi650; 01-02-2013 at 06:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    If you used a parallel connector then you were only running 2s, not 4s. Or am I missing something??

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    My mistake,, sorry..

I meant a Series Connector. So It was 4S

RC Qualifier
    Try recalibrating the tx-rx, maybe the end points are off, I am running 4s on my MMM/2200 combo in my summit and it has plenty of power, my punch control is set at 100, start power on low, and I even have a ramp looking throttle curve no problems with torque or power, I'm only geared 14/62 though I wasn't looking for max speed just more then stock I can't post video through my tapatalk app or I would, PM me and I'll get you my number if you want to talk about it. God bless and happy New Years

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    And oh yeah don't forget to tighten up the slipper clutch maybe that's the problem, I had to tighten mine, but don't lock it down cause you will start breaking rear diffs lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    That would be awesome. thanks.. Iam really hoping I dont have a bummed out MMM/2200

RC Champion
    Slipper is pretty good.. Installed stock setup and it stands up when you punch the throttle.. slips a bit when in a bind. I took the cover off and watched the slipper as I made it climb a wall..

Calibrations could very well be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by snookerd1206 View Post
    And oh yeah don't forget to tighten up the slipper clutch maybe that's the problem, I had to tighten mine, but don't lock it down cause you will start breaking rear diffs lol

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC poster
    I know this is for the mmm set up. But I have ran my rx8/2200 set up on 2s before (and 7cell, got killed in the process). It did very good. Id say stock speed on 18/68. Does good, allows my 4 year old niece to play with the summit(of course on he radio settings)