RC poster

New Revo 3.3 with TQi transmitter wont bind,red lights stay on

Hey guys im new here been meaning to join for awhile but had not had the need to until today. I got a new Revo 3.3 for christmas came with the TQi transmitter and optidrive and the manual says the transmitter and receiver were bonded at the factory but mine must not have been,I charged all the batteries and turned it all on and had all red lights,I went thru the process in the manual to bind them and nothing,the lights stay on red. I held the set button on the transmitter while turning it on and the red light started blinking,then I held the link button on the receiver while turning the truck on and still nothing,all the lights stay red and truck wont do anything. Can anybody help me,do I have a faulty part? My Tmaxx was ready to go out the box no problems,but this new revo has been a pain on christmas morning!!

RC Competitor
    call traxxas support an see if they can help or replace, or go an pay $129 for a spektrum receiver an transmitter. thats what i ended up doing. seemed to have more problems with the TQi then anything. sorry i couldnt help much.
    revo 3.3 tmaxx 3.3 ofna hyper 7

RC Enthusiast
    had the same problem with mine and I never got it to bind and it has been 6 months lol. I took parts off of my s-maxx to get my revo to run and I just switch them when i want to use the other one.

RC poster
    Thanks guys,I called support this morning he said he was 99.9% sure it is a bad receiver so he sent me one out today. I asked was this a common problem to be dead on arrival,and he said once in a blue moon it happens.We will see once I get them swapped out.

RC poster
    Can somebody tell me what the Traxxas support line is for? Its been 9 days since they told me they shipped me a new receiver thru the postal serivce,last I checked it did not take 9 days to mail a part the size of a quarter from Texas to North carolina. Its a shame to pay over $600 for something and you open it up and it does not work,then they dont do anything to make it right. I must say,im not to impressed....

Do you have a T-Maxx with the TQi? Try to link that tx to the Revo rx and vise versa?
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Do you have a T-Maxx with the TQi? Try to link that tx to the Revo rx and vise versa?
    NO, My Tmaxx has the old style transmitter and receiver, its not 2.4ghz