RC poster

Newbe Question - Good Source for Repair Instructions

Hi guys, I am new to the RC hobby and I just bought my son a 1/16 Summit (no VXL). My older son bought a Slash a few years ago but I never had to work on it. Well, the Summit came and I need to do 2 repairs. First, the steering servo was clicking on left turns out of the box. Called Traxxas and they are sending me a new servo. Second, I thought I had the correct frequency but I was wrong so I ordered a new crystal set. I tried to remove the cover to get to the crystal on the RC but it is very tight due to the motor and I don't want to force it. Traxxas rep said I may need to remove the motor but "it is real easy, just one screw. but you should remove the cover when you reinstall to verify the gears are aligned". Ok, sounds easy enough, So I am searching for instructions (with pictures would be nice) on which screw and which cover, etc but I cannot find any details. Can any of you all provide any good sources for instructions on things like changing a crystal, moving the motor, and/or changing the steering servo??

Thanks...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The RC came with paperwork including a manual and a sheet with exploded diagrams. This should help you learn more about your RC. The manual explains gear mesh better than I could here....

Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    On mine the shiny bolt head at 12 hi then to the right a small screw goes thru the bulkhead for the cover thats
    Holding the pinion and spur gear hidden it is really easy as they said. dont mess with the screw below the shiney one on top leave it b.. enjoy

RC poster
    Thanks guys. You confirmed what I had assumed on the motor screw but I was wrong on what I thought I needed to do for the gears. I had looked at the exploded views but they fell short on detailing a specific process. I guess the short answer is learning repair on Traxxas RC's is trial an error.