RC Competitor

I got me a new Rally!!!

Santa was very nice...I got me a new Rally in green! I haven't tried the included NiMH yet. I only ran my "other brand" 6600 mAh 65C down a little bit. In the few minutes I ran her, I see that she's a natural born vacuum...I'll definitely need to get a shroud!

Not that you don't know what it looks like, but I'll add a photo or two after I figure out how.
    Last edited by CrashTestDummy; 12-25-2012 at 05:34 PM.

RC Champion
    congrats! make sure you correct your post - the "******" mean its a word that you cant use on the forums and you have to change it.

You will be repremanded if you dont change it....not by me thought.

Just a heads up

WELCOME TO TRAXXAS!!!!

RC Competitor
    Thank you, times 2, Redsawacs!

RC Competitor
    EDITOR...Please remove...apologies.

RC Champion
    Yup, it's a vacuum alright LOL. I recommend the shroud for sure, works pretty well although not intended for the Rally (sl4sh).
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

I agree. I collect little stones when I drive on the street and I don't know where they come from.

Sent from my Kindle.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I use an Outerwears Shroud. Its not made for the Rally its for the Slash 4x4. Not an exact fit but it helps with keeping 80% of the crap out of the chassis. You can look in Paves and my thread at how it looks mounted up. Hopefully they will have a better option in the near future.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Yup, works wonders man. I am using it as well, after 2-3 packs running in wet conditions, I barely have anything in my chassis. Digger says %80, i'd say it keeps out atleast %95 of the stuff out.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Competitor
    Last weekend I finally got out with the Rally for some fun with friends and their 3 year old...I buzzed and bashed around an empty parking lot with him in full-chase mode trying to keep up. The only time he didn't try to approach the car was when I was doing donuts!

I still had the ESC set on training mode and a half-charged LiPo which was good enough for me to crash into nearly anything that got in the way! The Rally held up quite well after I clipped a couple of curbs unintentionally. I also managed to pick up a fair amount of stones and dirt...I should get a commission from the parking lot owner for cleaning!

So I placed orders for the T-Bone Bumper Set (both items at the bottom of the page) and a Dusty-Motors shroud.

Hopefully this will support the body edges better and also keep out the tons of little rocks that seem to be the bane of an RCer!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I say this all the time and I know some dont agree, but if you find you hit things with the front of the car its my opinion that the Tbone front bumper isnt a good idea. The foam bumper is meant to absorb impacts. Yes, the body gets a little beat up, but with the reports of chassis breakage in the front I wouldnt want anything hard transferring the force of an impact directly to the chassis.

Ive been using the non LCG slash 4X4 Dusty motors cover and its not great. But I JUST got the new LCG version today in the mail... I think its going to do a great job of keeping the chassis clean.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    ... But I JUST got the new LCG version today in the mail... I think its going to do a great job of keeping the chassis clean.
    Hi Pav - Could you send me a link for the new LCG shroud?

RC Champion
    First row, on the right:

Dusty Motors LCG cover
    Everything overpowered...

RC Competitor
    Pav, you make a good point that I did not think about...I'll take the plunge and give it a try, but I think your logic is sound. Hopefully, I'll get better driving as well !!

The area that I found works pretty well, as it's close to home but it needs to be larger and not have the parking curbs.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    First row, on the right:

Dusty Motors LCG cover
    Does this work with the reciever box mounted in the front of the chassis?

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Here is the new Dusty Motors LCG shroud mounted. If you mount the Rx box up top this shroud will fit right behind it nicely. I've had mine for a little over a month or so i guess.

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Very nice
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Competitor
    'Pede - I see that you've mounted yours the same way that I was thinking...to not wrap in it under the body, but instead to keep it on the vertical surfaces around the chassis tub. Even though the chassis is chamfered a bit on the bottom to side transition, I still have some scrapes there. No sense tearing up the shroud unnecessarily.

I'm curious, did you add any plugs to the nerf bar mounting areas or did you just leave it open?