Thread: Dr1 review

RC Champion

Dr1 review

my brother got a DR-1 today and the thing is sweet. he has yet to fly it on expert but in beginner mode it is very easy to fly. it is a very heavy duty heli. when you drop it from up high it has a little bounce to absorb the bump when it hits the ground. there is metal all over this thing and it looks very cool. i will keep posting as it gets more flight time, but i think traxxas did a good job on this one.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    I have about 10 flights with the DR-1 and I am very impressed with it! I also have not tried expert mode yet but in beginner it is very easy to fly. Out of the box there was a problem with one of the batteries not making contact in the transmitter. Once I tracked down the problem a small piece of folded up tin foil fixed the problem... I still have not decided wether or not to contact Traxxas about this problem. They will probably want me to send them the controller before they send a new one but I want to be able to fly and not have to wait weeks for a new one... the only other complaint I have is the flight time from the battery. I wish you could fly a little longer between charges but Im sure spare battery packs will be available soon. Overall I am very happy with the performance of this heli and would reccomend it to anyone.
    No Limit RC of Maryland

RC Champion
    ya it needs extra batteries

RC Champion
    i have noticed that when flying indoors keep it away from plants, my brother has cleanly chopped off like tree branches off my moms poinsettias