Thread: Chassis Change?

RC Competitor

Chassis Change?

So... I was in a local hobby shop today, and overheard that stampede 4x4 is out of production atm due to a Chassis change? is this true? and if so what chassis is the change going to? Personally i think the guy didn't have any and was trying to keep a customer from looking elsewhere. but if anyone knows im interested!

RC Qualifier
    Could be true but not sure why they would change it. LCG doesn't make sense since it is a monster truck. The current chassis isn't shared with any other model which hasn't / doesn't fit with traxxas' general business philosophy of part sharing. Maybe a new chassis to go a long with a new vehicle that can share the chassis?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I could see a lcg being made for the people that love the shorter p4de over slash. But this wouldn't take it off the production line. Traxxas also wouldn't share that kind of info with a shop owner or patron .......they would have to hear it in the same manner as us, press release and in that instance, you would hear it here or squisrc long before a shop! Who knows, could be .......
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    I would think if they are making a chassis change, it would be to have the center drive shaft no longer exposed. But will see.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Competitor
    I personally think its all bs but i could be wrong they didnt seem like a very in the know group...