RC Racer

New 2s messed up?

Bought two new traxxas 2s 7600 mah lipos for my summit... One pack is great the other was WAY!!! Out of balance. Doesnt seem to want to charge over 3.85... So one cell is 4.2 other is 3.85. Discharged thru my hitec x4, got to withen .11 of each other, did balance charge at .2amps and it seems stuck on 3.84/4.02... Getting away from each other again... Anything i can do or is it shot?? For the price of these things its REDICULOUS to have one bad :X suppose to get 4-8" snow and i spent $170 bucks for absolutly nothing it seems, well would make a nice door stop... LHS is a hour drive one way after gas these stupid batts cost me a lot... Not happy

Why not contact Traxxas when they open?
    The Super Derecho

sounds like you got one that was a bad deal then call traxxas up and let them know about it, after all they have a 1 yr warranty for them and i would think it not charging would fall into that and i dont think it states that you have to use their charger for the warranty. I wouldnt mind having traxxas lipos but the price is what stops me from getting them maybe one day i get rich i would buy them lol
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    sounds like you got one that was a bad deal then call traxxas up and let them know about it, after all they have a 1 yr warranty for them and i would think it not charging would fall into that and i dont think it states that you have to use their charger for the warranty. I wouldnt mind having traxxas lipos but the price is what stops me from getting them maybe one day i get rich i would buy them lol
    Ya thats the thing... Their so $$$ for what?? Ive seen three now that are crap outta the box and wont balance. Buddy has one of their 3s 8400 mah that wont balance... Hes just very unlipo friendly so thinks its ok, Not worth the money imo... These will be the last traxxas batteries i buy. I just really wanted a lipo for the incoming snow... Now i got nothing thanks Traxxas!! Maybe starting to figure out why they have such great customer support... They need it...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    Ya thats the thing... Their so $$$ for what?? Ive seen three now that are crap outta the box and wont balance. Buddy has one of their 3s 8400 mah that wont balance... Hes just very unlipo friendly so thinks its ok, Not worth the money imo... These will be the last traxxas batteries i buy. I just really wanted a lipo for the incoming snow... Now i got nothing thanks Traxxas!! Maybe starting to figure out why they have such great customer support... They need it...
    I don't care of what you buy there's a chance you well get something bad . Traxxas has and outstanding costumer support or bring them back to your lhs and complain to them about it . JMO
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    I realize not everything will be perfect... And im ranting But this is a lot of $$$ for something thats not right. And its not the first traxxas brand lipo ive seen come brand new WAY out of balance... Ive never had a problem with any other brand...

Do you balance every time?

Sent from my Kindle
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Ya i make it a habit to keep all my cells balanced. I fly rc helis, kinda new to traxxas and cars. Never had problems with lipos till now...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jem450r View Post
    I realize not everything will be perfect... And im ranting But this is a lot of $$$ for something thats not right. And its not the first traxxas brand lipo ive seen come brand new WAY out of balance... Ive never had a problem with any other brand...
    If I had problems with a certain brands i would not keep buying them knowing that other brands are as good if not better and cheaper . JMO
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    Ya traxxas batts are the only ones carried at the LHS or any HS around for cars... Except dynamite? Packs which are unbelievably more $$$ then anything else

Anyway on topic... Is there a way to try and balance, does balance charge/discharge cycles help at all? Have a good charger, do wanna see if it can be balanced or is it just bad?

if it does it everytime like that way off and doesnt do it to any other lipo that size which you stated the other lipo doesnt do that then its not going to be your charger its the lipo then call them up and let them know they may just send you another lipo out.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    I didnt figure charger and this pack is brand new never been run. Just didnt know if i took the time to charge/discharge 5 or so times if itd help it or not... 7600 mah so it takes awhile...