RC poster

Exclamation need help with my new qr-1!!!!!!!! please help!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got my new green qr-1 quadcopter in the mail today , i charged both batterys , installed the batterys in the transmitter , turned on the transmitter and then the quad , nothing , crap , ok here is what its doing

i have only one led on the quad that is working, when i plug in the battery no blinking light , just one solid blue led working , tried to reset transmitter , still nothing , i followed the manual on how to reset it , havnt called traxxas support yet , they are closed for holidays , can somebody please help me?????

RC Qualifier
    That's not good, it's not binding. With only one light and no blinks it sounds like there's a problem with the board on the quad. If you bought it at a hobby shop check with them for replacement otherwise you'll have to contact customer support. Sorry, wish I could help more...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
    That's not good, it's not binding. With only one light and no blinks it sounds like there's a problem with the board on the quad. If you bought it at a hobby shop check with them for replacement otherwise you'll have to contact customer support. Sorry, wish I could help more...
    agreed with rastus except if it came in the mail it sounds like you bought it online, contact the seller and say the problem.
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC poster
    Yep i ordered it from a hobbyshop online thanxs for the help guys

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Are you turning the transmitter on first? You need to turn the transmitter on first, then plug in the heli battery.

Other than that, theres not much you can do if its not working until traxxas opens back up.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Yes i turn the transmitter on then then quad and the transmitter light blinks„ but the blue leds on the quad dont blink only one is on and it is
    Solid blue , not blinking ,

RC Competitor
    Make sure you don't have bad transmitter batteries. Also possible to have a bad lipo. Can you check charged voltage-it should be roughly 4.2 volts fully charged.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The lipo being bad wouldnt cause just one light to work. Sounds to me like something is loose on the board. Call traxxas, they'll fix you up.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    Well i called traxxad today and they were scratching there heads , the batterys for the quad and transmitter are brand new they came with the
    quad , so they said for me to send it in ill update everybody once they get back with me on the issue

RC poster
    I have a similar problem with mine. It will fly for about a minute and just die. When I reconnect the battery after it dies, I will only get one LED. If I flick the board sometimes it will start back up. Definitely something wrong with the board in my opinion. Sent back to traxxas yesterday. Very disappointed as it was my Christmas present.

RC poster
    Well let me know what u find out im mailing mine back today must be a defect on the board when they were made every now and then you get a bad apple so we shall see