RC poster

My first mini e revo

Hi there guys this question has properly been asked a thousand times before so sorry if it has but I just got my first rc car. Mini e revo what should I do to it to make it a great little all round car. I'm not into racing or anything I just want to have fun with my son with it. Any advice will be great. Also I don't like the idea. Of a 6 hour charger for 10-15 mins of fun what should I get to solve this issue?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Rpm arms and maybe an extra set of batteries til you upgrade to lipo.icharger makes a quality charger it will charge nimh and lipo. You can buy a cheap charger but run the risk over charging them
    Pass on the ac6 charger! One of those over charging chargers
    Last edited by 50togo; 12-24-2012 at 10:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Umm get some shims for diffs uhhh Servo gears or metal gear servo umm AC6 charger and uhhh that should be it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I love how 50 says "pass on the AC6" and the very next post by RC-nightmare recommends the AC6...

This is what I had when I very rarely walked away broke.

Steel hollow balls (7028x) to reduce slop
    3M mushroom tape along battery doors to hold the body on
    Aluminum knuckles to reduce slop and add strength (I have HR but recommend GPM or GH)
    A BlueBird 390 servo due to the stock being known to fry/strip itself
    RPM a arms at all four corners (Front-80692, Rear-80602)
    Center differential (7014) upgrade to help handle the power of
    2200mah 2S 20C LiPo's ran in parallel for ~1 hour run times
    23/50 gearing gets me to ~30mph yet keeps temps in check
    Shimmed front and rear bulkheads... *LINK*

Especially do that last part... extremely cheap preventative procedure.

If you do get a LiPo charging setup, please read up and ask around an unbiased RC community before you purchase! More than a dozen times I have read of regret when getting a cheaper charger over a slightly more expensive yet very much more capable charger.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    RPM A Arms is really all you need. Been running mine for almost 4 yrs. Bashing and racing. I am not a big fan of alum on the MERV. Really expensive when you break parts. Center Diff, never needed one, imho save the $$$ on this one. 2s lipo 2200 mah is a good added feature. Thats where my upgrade money would go to. A good lipo charger and batteries.
    2 MERV's
    2 1/18 Mini Desert Truck & Buggy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by b08rsa View Post
    RPM A Arms is really all you need. Been running mine for almost 4 yrs. Bashing and racing. I am not a big fan of alum on the MERV. Really expensive when you break parts. Center Diff, never needed one, imho save the $$$ on this one. 2s lipo 2200 mah is a good added feature. Thats where my upgrade money would go to. A good lipo charger and batteries.
    Using a center diff on the pavement will ruin the front tires pretty quickly also.
    ***You Build It ...I'll Jump It!!!*** OS .18 TZ; Trinity Pipe; HCR Titanium Skid Plates & Bumpers; Futaba S9450 Throttle Servo; Airtronics 94358Z Steering Servo; RPM A-arms & Knuckles; FOC; Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins,Turnbuckles, Push Rods & Rocker Posts; New Era Roll Bar & Engine Mount; Proline Mashers on Velocity Rims.

RC poster
    Thanks for the responses, I think I will get the rpm a arms and a good charger and lipo betteries. What about changing shock springs and oil. Is this worth doing also?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That would be a good upgrade. For mild bashing tan and black traxxas springs and 60 or 80wt oil. Traxxas 7147 and 7148

RC Qualifier
    Go with the 2s lipos for sure. I run (2) in series or paralelle. Its a little crazy on 4s but its fun for a few min til you break something lol. Dont bother with 3s, its retarded fast (or 6s). First thing i broke and is still broken is the front a arm and i will be getting rpm's. My servo also crapped out after 5 runs so i also gotta get another one of those too.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

I do not recommend running 4S with the stock ESC. It is not designed for it.
    2S is fine, and limited 3S; but not 4S! 6S is not even possible on the stock ESC... even if you do 6S with a aftermarket ESC it could blow up the motor spraying shrapnel all over the place.

If you were running 4S on the stock ESC, that is probably what took out your servo!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 94edxr View Post
    Thanks for the responses, I think I will get the rpm a arms and a good charger and lipo betteries. What about changing shock springs and oil. Is this worth doing also?
    Black Springs in front with Tan in the rear. I like 35 wt shock oil in front with 30 in the rear.
    Oynx battery 230, or just a few bucks more the 240 charger is a nice charger to look into as well.
    Have fun.
    2 MERV's
    2 1/18 Mini Desert Truck & Buggy

RC poster
    I have been to my local hobbie store and they have recommended the redback spider1 charger. What do people think of this
    Charger?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i think they don't stock the icharger!

6 amp charger for $100??!! That does not sound like a deal to me.
    You can get a 10 amp iCharger 106 for less... a 20 amp iCharger 206 for $125; granted these both will take a $25ish power supply.