Thread: Fuel Filter

RC Qualifier

Fuel Filter

Does anyone run a fuel filter? and if you do which one do you reccommend?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

I don't see a need to use a fuel filter. The fuel tank SHOULD have one built into it. Sorry for the low picture quality, but it's the best I could get. That little bronze thing inside the tank is the fuel filter.

Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    There is already a filter in the tank, but a lot of people run extra filters anyway.
    I'd look at gh racing.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Racer
    In addition to filtering the fuel, external aluminium fuel filter will also cool the fuel a little and that should effect as better combustion or something like that (affect the fuel mixture ratio and create the ability to run the engine leaner without over heating, leaner running engine=more power and longer run times) and with external fuel filter installed the truck should run longer upside down if you flip it over I have RB products huge fuel filter and just bought matching pressure line cooler
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Sakke View Post
    external aluminium fuel filter will also cool the fuel a little
    I freeze my fuel line in a block of ice and hook it up right before I head out for the day. Fuel stays nice and cold even after I pull it out of my old mini-fridge in the garage.

just kidding.

The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    LOL there may be a slight cooling effect, but nitromethane being moved through a line is already very cool. You'd never notice a difference in performance with any aluminum filter.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Qualifier
    I use a Dynamite DYN2026 Big Daddy Aluminum Fuel Filter (about $6 and has a cleanable/replaceable filter element) on the tank line to prevent and crap from going in the tank via the exhaust and also one on the feed line just aft of my fuel cutoff clamp. Honestly i dont think it helps performance wise its more a peace of mind thing. I have found tiny dirt particles in my filter before. Hope this helps.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC poster
    i would ONLY use either a kyosho filter(big silver one) or the mugen one that comes with the mbx range of cars.
    i've used alot of other brands and they all will eventfully leak at some point causing a leak in the fuel system.
    Revo 3.3 chassis / LRP .28

Well,,,, my tank has a stone filter in it, but guess what,,, I still have a filter on it... Why? It's like having a couple wraps of fuel tubing, if you flip you have a bit more fuel in the line and you will not starve out as fast... Sometimes on the track the turnmarshals minds are everywhere else but on your flipped over vehicle and your up in the driving stand praying they see it before you run out of fuel, it really stinks when you run dry during a race...

Anyways that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh I use the Mugen filter, have done with all my RC's.. Excellent quality, but totally not needed for fuel filtering purposes when there's a stone filter in the tank already..
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Ditto ↑↑. I run A Ofna fuel filter on both my Revos.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions